Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Thursday, 21 January 2010

how DAAAAAAHLING-AAA

More of my crafted pressies for this year I have finished a mini version of Dahlia in girls age size 8-10. One thing that drives me nuts about this pattern is how the neckband rolls outwards. Will have to try and steam/block that so it doesn't do it anymore.

Learnt the new sewn cast off with this pattern to and I have to say I LOVE it!! Will try doing it with more patterns from now on. It's flexible and has good stretch. Great for ribbing!

It's for my besties eldest child for her birthday in early March. I am hoping she will look lovely in it. First pic is best example of the grey purple colour. This colour and yarn was picked out by little miss C so I know she will love it.






Stats:

Pattern: Dahlia (Rav Link) (Knitty Link)
Started: 18th Jan 2010
Finished: 21st Jan 2010
Yarn: Panda Woolbale (colour 103)

Modifications: Well apart from the obvious downsizing of an adults pattern. I also made the sleeves 3/4 length.

I love this pattern, which is great considering both my girls have put their name down because they want one each!

Now that I have finished that and gotten the small luxury of NOT using itty bitty needles with itty bitty wool I will get back to the second pair of socks which I have cast on and done the ribbing for and that's it!!

It's getting that time of year again when I am starving for motorsports to watch!! I have to wait til late next month (if not beginning of month after!!). Why do they all stop at the same time!?!?!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! We plan on heading away either over weekend or beginning of next week to the coast to visit grandma for a few days.

Katt

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:36 pm, Blogger sue said…

    Dahlia looks great, no wonder your girls both put in an order. Your doing well with your second pair of socks too. I havent even got to the heel part on my 1st one of the second pair yet. Oh and did you know that Yarnomat are closing down and all their sock yarns are half price. I have bought some from there and they are very nice.

     
  • At 9:50 pm, Blogger Kylie said…

    Looks fantastic. Love the colour. I am sure your friends Daughter will just love it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |