Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Wednesday, 27 January 2010

A Childs Craft

Finally have the finished product piccies up of Rachelles handmade gifts (with very little help from mummy) for her friends birthday. We ran out of time before getting the knitted item made because I introduced her to Ravelry (Rav name TassiePiglet) and she became so addicted she forgot to get back to knitting!

I am so proud of the things she did made though. We even made little "Made by Rachelle" labels for them all before she wrapped them.




Her little card is just the cutest. We decided it was best to Sew the teddy on so it would stay on well. And then she did the drawings all around it (she did one on the inside after colouring in the stitch outline of the teddy too). She was so proud of her work. And her little friend ran off to show her mum what Rachelle had made her when she opened the present at the party. So I think it all went down very well.

We went off to St Helens over the long weekend for Australia Day. Had a lovely time, caught up with a friend and her family down there and all the kids played together. Would love to get back down there before the school holidays are over but I don't see it happening.
I have been doing some knitting. Working on a little Birthday gift for my best friend who's birthday is in April. Finished the knitting part now have to work out the rest.
Also have to get out the sewing machine and fabric to take care of another few birthdays that are at the end of this month beginning of next! Looking forward to the middle of the year when all the birthdays slow down a little!
Yet to work out what to do for Adam for Valentines day, and am a part of the Tasmania Valentines Day dash (which i started last year in Launceston and it seems to have taken off!). Many people are going to leave flowers, hearts and other Valentine things all over Tassie and maybe even Australia! how wonderful is that? I am very grateful and proud that something I started looks to take off in such a big way!

I am starting to seriously crave motorsports!! WSBKs cant start soon enough for me next month (END of next month at that!!) luckily Nascar starts in a few weeks so hopefully I won't keel over and die from being deprived before then!!

I hope you all have a lovely week!

Katt

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 6:39 pm, Blogger sue said…

    Well dnoe Rachelle on your beautiful gifts. Even Isabelle was eyeing off the jewellery you made.

     
  • At 6:23 am, Blogger Suburban Hooker said…

    What a talented little crafter you have there!!! Very nice work. Thanks for the name, I'm going to go and add her to my rav family now!

     
  • At 7:14 am, Blogger suzy said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 7:15 am, Anonymous Suzy said…

    Gorgeous! Rachelle is very clever(just like her mum)!

     
  • At 1:06 am, Blogger Suburban Hooker said…

    I've left some sunshine on my blog for you.

     
  • At 1:18 am, Blogger Rachel said…

    Well done little crafter! My girls and I are impressed! Way to go Katt for infecting her with the crafting bug!

     
  • At 8:57 pm, Blogger Linda said…

    oh wow these are fabulous and the teddy card is GORGEOUS

     
  • At 12:44 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    hey luv where've you been?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |