Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Friday, 11 December 2009

Witchie poo

Tomorrow we are heading down South for the Wedding. And where I had been all planned for what we would wear, yesterday in a lapse of sanity I decided I wanted to sew Rachelle a dress to wear (since Harley has a newly bought dress to wear herself down there). and since long ankle length flowing dresses are all in fashion at the moment I got busy. After a visit to Spotties to get some fabric home I came to get sewing. I also got the lace to sew around the bottom of it.

I had one plan in mind. A great little striped dress that looked a little witchie and a little different but was still fashionable and let her match the rest of the family for the wedding. I also wanted a dress that wasn't going to be "special times only" cos frankly we just do do enough of those! I wanted a dress she could wear every day and have fun with it.

So last night I got all the tiers sewn together and all the ends overlocked. Then I sat and pondered the bodice. The pattern is originally a 5 tier skirt!! I wanted a dress though. And the fabric to make the skirt part didn't stretch at all. I wanted low maintenance for me to sew and wash. So away it went and of to bed I went to sleep.

Today back to Spotties I went and picked up some stretch jersey material in matching black, some twisted ribbon sort of thing to do the straps for the top and home I came. I had to wait til Rachelle was home from school to try it on her and work with her as I went along.
Once I got the bodice sorted out how I would do it the whole thing finished up quickly.
I must say I am VERY happy with the results. So is Harley (who wants a pink and black one) and Rachelle is over the moon!! I am planning on making more. Many more. Probably will look into where I can sell a few of them because they are much fun and so in fashion and pretty :)
Rachelle is planning on wearing it to her sisters fancy dress birthday party next week too as a witch (if you can't tell from the piccies).
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Katt

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 9:44 pm, Blogger sue said…

    I love the dress that you made, it looks gorgeous. I am sure the girls love the twirl factor too.

     
  • At 10:33 pm, Blogger Kebeni said…

    That looks awesome Katt. I want to know how to do the skirt bit!

     
  • At 11:02 am, Blogger Bugsy said…

    It's gorgeous! She is one very lucky kid to have such a talented mum. Man i wish we lived closer!

     
  • At 1:41 pm, Blogger Linda said…

    OMG the dress is amazing! clever you it looks soooo fabulous! what lucky girls you have

     
  • At 11:00 pm, Anonymous Stra said…

    The dress is amazing !!! Your have been hiding your talent !!!

     
  • At 9:04 am, Anonymous Laurie (Moo!) said…

    That's a very cute dress! I especially like the touch of lace at the bottom. She looks like she may never take it off. :-)

     
  • At 11:56 am, Anonymous Kate said…

    Fabulous dress!! Sewing is such a handy skill to have, especially with girls!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |