Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Friday, 4 December 2009

Mad Hatter

Party bag hats are 100% done. I ended up deciding on doing 13 instead of 15 because frankly only 11 are invited and assuming all of them turn up then there is 2 spare hats left.

I started with doing 2 of each kind I was doing but in the end went for variety and did 1 of the last 5 just to mix it up a bit. Hopefully they will go down well and I am hoping to get piccies of each of the kids in the hats they pick to show you all after the party (which is the 16th of Dec).






I am not too far off finishing first sock for one of the Chrissie pressies..Then just the second sock to knit and 1 more pressie will be done.
I still have 1 pair of socks and 30 Hamsterbeans left to knit but frankly the Beans can wait til after Chrissie I think. I don't feel pressure at the moment that I wont get everything done which is great.
My garden is growing more every day which I am happy about (all except those darn capsicums!!!). One of my pea plants has a flower on it so looks like I will get at least ONE pea pod this year. My butter beans seem to be about ready to flower too. My snow pea plants are MASSIVE. One or two of my potato plants are flowering. And my cherry tomatoes all have either flowers or little tomatoes growing (actually ALL my tomato plants are doing that except my Black Russian one). So it looks like my garden is slowly going the right direction. I am so impatient I want to harvest now!! lol
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend to come. Its the last weekend for me that will be a quiet one until New Year. Between weddings in Hobart, Family Chrissie lunches all over my end of the state I won't get a quiet weekend for a long time!! But it's all worth it to see family members and the girls enjoy it.
Take care all and enjoy your day :)
Katt

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 5:31 pm, Anonymous Stramenda said…

    The hats are FANTASTIC !!! I can't even pick a favourite !! Standing ovation !!!!! ()()()()()()()

     
  • At 10:14 pm, Anonymous Megor said…

    Shell looks like a wharfie in beanies!!!!

     
  • At 11:25 pm, Blogger Suburban Hooker said…

    Those are some seriously fab hats. The last 2 pics with both girls are GREAT!!! I want to come to the party!!!

     
  • At 11:04 am, Blogger sue said…

    The hats are fabulous Katt. I really like the ones in the second pic for some reason, but then further down there are more that I love too. At least your girls love modelling them. What yarns did you use for them. I am sure soon you will be eating lots of fresh vegies from your garden.

     
  • At 2:46 pm, Blogger LDH said…

    Wow! What awesome hats and sweet models! You are an incredibly productive knitter. Can't imagine how you do it.

    I have perused a few of your posts and really enjoyed visiting with you. Sweet place. I am excited to stop by again.

    Kindly, ldh

     
  • At 1:09 pm, Blogger Kylie said…

    The hats look amazing!!! Cannot wait to pics of your garden.

     
  • At 8:45 pm, Anonymous knightlyknitter said…

    You are the bestest Mum!! I am never going to make hats for children's party invitees - I hope you get extra in your Xmas haul for your good mothering (and the bikkies look fab!!)

     
  • At 11:09 am, OpenID amyty said…

    Wowsers! What marvellous hats and caps! Are they your own patterns? I'm still a beginner knitter/crocheter, but I'm so keen to try hats more interesting than ribbed beanies. lol

     
  • At 3:03 pm, Blogger Dandy said…

    the hats are great!!! and I can't believe how much your girls have grown up!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |