Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Monday, 28 December 2009

few of my favourite things

Christmas has been and gone for another year. I had a lovely time at my parents place. Ate heaps and talked lots. Was lovely. I don't see my family anywhere near as much as I would like to. Hoping with Adam going to Uni this year that we will have weekends enough to do things that we never were able to do before because of his work.

Below is something I acquired from mum while I was over there. This is GORGEOUS pure wool 5ply she says is from Patons when they had the building here in Tassie. It's beautiful and HUGE!! Mum had already made herself a jumper from it and it's still massive!! I have grand Shawl ideas for it.
Below is a modelling piccie of a newly finished (well several days ago) Rastacat hat with a flower on it. Doing a few knits here and there for the MIL to put into her gallery when the new shop opens up.
Below is first lot of Harvesting from my garden!! Taken over several days. The snowpeas and little capsicum (which was a firecracker I tells ya cos it was HOT) was used in some Risotto for dinner last night.
And a recent (taken today) piccie of my garden. I have a few closer piccies but will do a post on all those later in week. I am rather happy with how my little garden is growing. And my patience (as hard as it was) has paid off now I am getting tomatoes and beans and peas coming. Not as many I would like but I will do better next year I am sure! Still very happy with what I am getting so far! Lettuce is close to picking, Pumpkin is still growing slowly, Carrots are there somewhere growing slowly, Potato plants are getting HUGE so better be producing lots of tattas!! I have tomatoes growing on all my plants, some cherry red ones are turning slowly red. I am very impressed with it all now (apart from the capsicum still damn it!! and my pumpkin is really slow too)...
So that's a few things I have been up to of late.
I have grand plans for next years Chrissie. Most people will be getting handmade items. The girls and I will be busy all year learning how to make things like Soap. I will be teaching the girls how to make candles and sew things. We will be using as much things as we have around the house already stocked up (I have several things needed to start things like soap and candles just not everything). Will test run making toys and Harley (being 10 now) is old enough to learn to use my sewing machine if she is careful.
That's all for today. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Katt

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 9:04 pm, Blogger sue said…

    I am so glad that you got to spend xmas with your family, how wonderful for you. What is Adam going to be studying at uni? Your wool looks lovely and those colors are very autumnal, my favourite kind. I think a shawl would be wonderful knitted from it. Your garden harvest looks great! Sadly we have no vegies left in our patch but we do have lots of cherry tomatoes ripening. I am hoping that the bigger ones start to ripen this week too as they are still green!

     
  • At 1:17 am, Blogger Suburban Hooker said…

    I'm glad you had a good time with your family and a good Christmas was had by all!!

    Your crops look wonderful, those little tomatoes are my very favorites. My next door neighbor calls them Tommy Toes...ewe!! LOL.

    Happy New Year!!

     
  • At 7:46 pm, Blogger Melissa Goodsell said…

    The hat looks gorgeous, as do all those fresh vegies - well done on such a great harvest!

     
  • At 9:33 am, Blogger Isis said…

    what a nice haul from your garden, love the wool, too

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |