Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Thursday, 12 November 2009

Productive

I feel so productive of late with my garden happily growing. It's finished now. I don't think I can fit anything else in it!! I now just have to water and weed and seasol and wait to see how much I will end up with after all my hard work.

I will take another few pictures of everything later this month (or next month) when things have grown more.

Today while getting groceries the local supermarket had their seedlings marked down to $1. They didn't look overly happy (all in dire need of planting and watering!!) so I grabbed up a punnet of Broccoli and decided I will plant them and hope for the best! Also now planted my Potatoes.

So to date my garden has planted and growing (most established trees): Strawberries, Lemons (which is constantly producing fruit and is happy now to be regular watered next to veggie patch so is flowering and making more), Apricots, Greengages, Red Apples, Peaches. That's all my fruit (next year will have to get my Raspberry patch on the way). And my Veggies are (all planted this year): Broccoli, Carrots, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Corn, Peas, Butter beans, Snow peas, Capsicum and Butternut Pumpkin. Also have my Walnut Tree (all of about 70 years old so no credit to me). Yesterday while out being busy in the yard I happened across a few little Walnut Babies!! so i have planted 4 in little pots (will move them to bigger ones when I can or find them new homes once they show signs of being happy to grow still), and 1 has been planted in a large pot where it can stay for years. I need to find them homes, no room here!!

I have also been knitting (but not as much as I should really be). Below are 2 more hats for Harley's party bags for her Birthday. I finished another one last night (different pattern) and started yet another one still.


My list of knitting for this year to be done before Dec 10th is
  1. Finish 2 pair of socks for Chrissie pressies (both are at about 25-30% done)
  2. Make 7ish more hats for party bags.
  3. Make 33 more Hamsterbeans (waiting on eyes to arrive in mail).

So this year as you can see I only have a small list which I am very glad about, one less stress in my life for the moment makes me happy.


The weather has been damn NASTY of late!! I mean honestly who's bright idea was it to make it THIS hot before summer??? It's only going to get worse isn't it?

Okies all have a great weekend to come!! Happy knitting all!

Katt

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 6:57 pm, Blogger sue said…

    Your vegie garden sounds fabulous Katt, cant wait to see some pics. Our broccolini didnt even grow and my dad advised that once you transplant them they turn to seed, wish he had told me that beforehand. All my snow peas bushes have turned a yellow color now because of the hot weather and yes it is going to get worse I think. The hats look great, must be close to party time isnt it.

     
  • At 5:37 pm, Blogger Tassie Rachel said…

    What's a hamsterbean????

     
  • At 11:08 am, OpenID peskypixies said…

    goodness me......you have been busy......
    I also want to know what a hamsterbean is.........????

     
  • At 4:45 pm, Anonymous Suzy said…

    Well done on the garden! It will be fantsatic to pick your own fresh veggies.
    Your knitting is lovely too :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |