Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Friday, 26 June 2009

Orders

So having had a small time free of orders to get some much needed UFOs finished I find myself again in the grip of orders to fill. I am far from complaining!! Very much happy to have them. I am just amused that they all come at once instead of a slow steady flow.

I am currently working on a pair of leg warmers for a 7yo girl who's mother I went to high school with. I am hoping to get them done quickly. The pattern is going to be time consuming and need concentration (runs 2 different cables at same time) and it's also in black so going to be a "work in light only" thing (which ya know, is damn near impossible in winter in Tasmania!!!)..

My other order is for an adult woman's jumper for winter as well as a beanie for same person. I am looking forward to doing these. They will be nice mindless knitting while watching TV because they are very much round and round stocking stitch so no worry. It will be done in BWM midnight tweed which is a gorgeous colour that I have also for myself to knit a jumper at some point.

I currently have no piccies to show you all. I am waiting on an sms from the little girl who received the 7th in 12 child's jumper, I hope her mummy hasn't forgotten. It was handed over 2 nights ago and it seemed little Jasmine loved it very much. No one else was allowed to touch it. She danced around the room with it. And then tried to put it on over the top of her jacket and jumper she was already wearing. And her mum loved it too and thanked me a lot.

The weather here has been sooooo lovely!! Nice and cold, some rain (would love more!!). Perfect winter weather.

Happy knitting all! Hope you all have a great weekend! It's a double header for me. Saturday night is Moto and Sunday night is Superbikes! So whooohooo!!

Katt

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:49 pm, Blogger sue said…

    It is nice that you have so many orders to fill. What better way to spend the cold weather than to sit and knit.

     
  • At 9:41 am, Blogger Kate said…

    It's lovely to drop in and see how productive you've been. And your yarn is as gorgeous as ever. The convertibles are great. I bought (blush!) a pair of mittens for Til but she refuses to wear them. She's a thumb sucker and doesn't like sucking through wool. Fancy that?!?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |