Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Saturday, 13 June 2009

Its done

Yet to be photographed but was worn today to the WWKIP day Tasmania edition (held at Ross). I have made something BIG for me! And I love it mostly (I can now see other modifications I would have done if known). Wore it out tonight while grabbing dinner and ooooh so warm!!

I notice the knew Knitty is up. Nothing overly thrilling as far as I am concerned though I will be making a pair of Outside In socks...And its very good to see a pair of Vulcan friendly handwarmers (inner geek in me there screaming to get out).

But best bit is now I am past the demand knitting. I can relax and finish up UFOs and cast on new things and enjoy knitting at a casual pace again. I have to get my butt into the 12 in 12s again finish up number 7 and keep going (plan on using these to work on a design or three).

While at WWKIP day I splurged out and got myself some very lovely hand spun, hand dyed wool from Jo. She is soooo talented I hope to be as good as her one day (if I learn to spin! lol) I am yet to decide what to do with them. I got these (Rav links!!) Puddle Jumping and Warm Autumn Days. I am considering doing the girls a jumper each with a complimenting colour for main part and Jo's work in either cuffs of a pattern of some sort. Will have to think about it.

I also picked up 2 balls of Cascade 220 Heathers I am yet to work out what to do with.

Okies folkies that will do for now. Next time piccies for sure!! Have a great weekend and Happy knitting.

Katt

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:20 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    num num that hand dyed yarn is devine. Can't wait to see what amazing thing you turn it into. Glad you finally made something for yourself. Now show it to us woman!!!!

     
  • At 7:51 am, Blogger Kylie said…

    Good advice I think I might have to take it ;) I really like the outside sock cannot wait to see what colour you use. Glad you had a nice weekend :)

     
  • At 11:12 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Post pictures quickly!!! I like the Inside Out socks too. The new Knitty was a bit weird this time, not that I mind, because I've made something already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |