Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Sunday, 5 April 2009

Not to plan

Sometimes things dont go to plan. Nothing can be done, nothing can change it.

This weekend was Aussie Superbikes, my little family went along to enjoy it. It didnt end that way.

Just before 11am first supersport race..3 laps in a rider went down at the front of the pack. In tight groups there is very little time to think and avoid. All I saw was the massive fireball that went up, biggest one I have ever seen and I will never forget it. I got out of the car. HOLY FUCK. I knew..the moment I saw that rider I knew. I wasnt wrong. His name has not offically been released so it is not my place to say it here. After 3 hours of police going over the scene and cleaning up a meeting was held by riders and higher ups. The rest of the day was cancelled. I just hope he didnt suffer. To read more go HERE.

Knitting has been done, I have started over weekend a "wicked" for Harley. Its coming along.

Katt

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:24 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    Very very sad. A very talented, young sportsman - and now he is gone. So sorry that you and your family had to be there to witness this horrific incident.

     
  • At 9:16 pm, Blogger Suzy said…

    So sad and so horrible. Awful news.

     
  • At 9:06 am, Blogger Leonie said…

    So very sad when something like this happens. As you said hopefully it was quick. Such a loss for his family. Such a shock for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |