Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Saturday, 14 March 2009

Twas a dark and stormy day...

Today is my sort of day, dark..wet, thunder, i love it!! If it was just cold it would be perfect. I love dark, moody weather.

Knitting is working along well. I am currently working on Rachelle's jumper (part of the 12 in 12) and onto the last leg of a pair of baby pants for someone at Adam's work. I have almost finished the body of Rachelle's jumper. Its looking good. She loves it so that's the most important part. And its knitted from my own yarn I dyed so it makes me happy.

On the finished knitting front. I have made a beanie for my friend in Finland at his request (second one from me) and I finished a baby jumper to swap for one a baby outgrew before he got to wear it.

So jumper 2 of 12 in 12 for kids is now finished. I have the sleeves left to go on number 3, and Rachelle's is number 4. I am ahead of time..which is good..cos I have so much knitting to do!

Made soup for the girls and I for lunch today. It was very nice. Recipe below.

Pumpkin Veggie Soup

1 can 420ml of Cream of Pumpkin Soup
1 can 400ml of red kidney beans, drained
1 stick of celery, diced
1C of frozen peas
1C of frozen corn
as much diced bacon as you wish
pepper to taste

In a pot put soup, refill can with water and add to pot, mix til blended well. Dice celery as you wish add to soup, add bacon, peas, corn and drained kidney beans. Add pepper to taste. Cook til celery is just soft. Serve.

This was enough to serve girls and I for lunch in our soup bowls.

The girls love this..and it was so quick and basic but full of good stuff!

The girls got their hair cut yesterday, or more, Rachelle got a trim and Harley got a restyle. She loves it, its slowly growing on me. I guess she is of that age where I have to accept she will make her own decisions some of which I wont like. Mind you, the hairdresser didn't make it like it was in the book that she had chosen!! its "mostly" like it..

Okies ladies, I am off. I plan on cooking a casserole for dinner and superbikes is on tonight..BLISS my season has started again..*sighs happily*

Happy knitting all!!

Katt

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:14 pm, Blogger sue said…

    Great hat and the jumper is so cute. You are on a knitting roll! I have been enjoying all the rain and thunder we have had today too.

     
  • At 7:45 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    It is knitting and soup weather!!
    Isn't the cool and the rain wonderful??!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |