Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Sunday, 21 December 2008

aarrgghhh 4 SHORT!!

well crap it!! i am 4 smidgen grams short of reaching my 1kg diet where i can buy more yarn!! I am at 996g!! sure I will get that last 4g done in no time!

I have done all Chrissie knitting (YAY) taking piccies slowly. Still waiting for piccies from my Rav Secret Santa person who I gave things to but hoping soon.

So in the end the Chrissie knitting ended up being (knitted between the 1st Dec and the 18th Dec):
  1. Feather and Fan scarf for Adams Grandmother
  2. Fuzzy Feet for my mum
  3. Hobo glove/mittens combo for Tanya (my older sister)
  4. Cable earflap hat with a difference for Megan (my younger sister)
  5. Fingerless gloves for my dad

I am mighty proud of myself. I got it all finished by Thursday night. So I even finished them all in the time frame I gave myself. :)

I finished all Chrissie shopping last Wednesday too. So I had a very productive week last week getting all done so I can relax as Christmas rolls in.

We all got haircuts last Wednesday. Some of us more extreme then others. But I think we all look good now :)

I have to say (and its been awhile I think) I am SO OVER my damn mother in law!! I wish the woman would just go blow up or something. She has been a selfish bitch expecting Adam to drive us down to see them Chrissie day (1hr there), put up with her abusing him like she always does over lunch, then drive back ALONE (1hr back), THEN have to work in reception putting up with obnoxious customers and all on Chrissie day. I dont like the idea of driving on Chrissie day for that distance at speed of 100km where there might be a drunk driver around then next corner going faster then that with some "Christmas spirit". So she has been a bitch about it. Thursday we all went to get girls from school so she can take them out and celebrate Harleys birthday (which was Friday). And she did nothing but try and make a scene at the girls school!! I bit my tongue. After all its their school for christ sakes!! But after she bought them home and Harley and I was in the kitchen and I asked what they got up to while out with granny to have Harley say to me "Granny wishes we lived with her, Granny asked us if we wanted to live with her" I snapped..Rang her up (lucky for her she didnt answer her mobile) and laid into her message bank. Told her she was selfish to expect Adam to do all that driving then have to work. Told her she would be LUCKY to see my girls again after asking them if they wanted to live with her especially if I dont get a sorry from her. Bet I dont. of course she will make it like she is the victim to all relatives that will listen. Can I please trade SOMEONE for a nicer inlaw? Actually. All his side of the family is getting to the point where I wouldnt mind only seeing them once a year if that.

Harley turned 9 on Friday last week. Had a little fun bowling party. Loved it all. Then we went to to coast for the weekend at Adam's grandmothers for her "Chrissie lunch" that she does the last Sunday before Christmas. 18 people (plus 2 mini people) were there. Was good but I am glad to be home where I can relax and have peace and sleep in my own bed.

I will include piccies next time. I have to get them all organised and take more piccies and all.

Going to head to bed now. Hope all had a great weekend!! Happy knitting

Katt

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 3:09 am, Blogger Jen said…

    Wow, that woman has got balls...

     
  • At 8:58 am, Blogger Leonie said…

    Sounds like some one is keeping a firm grip on those apron strings, lordy, lordy some people are just sent to challenge us...especially at Christmas. Must be the time of year for it, my best friends MUM has said she never wants to speak to her again but still wants to see the grandkids...don't ask me how that is supposed to work!!!!

     
  • At 11:35 am, Blogger amanda j said…

    Funny how Christmas is meant to be a time of sharing and giving and yet it sometimes brings out the worst in people!

    We have decided to do what we want to do this year, and what's best for the kids.

     
  • At 11:54 am, Blogger sue said…

    Oh Katt I do feel sorry for you, but obviously she is very lonely and tries to control her life in a way that she wants which obviously includes her kids. Just look at her from a different perspective, that she is a lonely lady with not much going on in her life. It will make you feel better thinking like that, believe me. Perhaps the anger might subside a bit too and you will feel better. I hope you have a wonderful happy xmas and I wouldnt be driving very far either if I didnt have to. I hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |