Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Sunday, 16 November 2008

Back to norm

This has been a long weekend for us. We gave the girls Friday off and took them to Scotsdale to the regional show there. They had GREAT fun!! and $90 later we feel rather broke. But it would have been a hell of a lot cheaper then going to the local show so we don't mind.

I also borrowed my younger sisters limbs as a model for me while we were there (we went to the show with my family and Adam and I stayed with my parents while the girls had great fun with their aunties).

So included for your pleasure some piccies from the Show and my latest able to post about knitting..


Bamboo/Wool hand warmers selling HERE

Girls with Poppit the balloon maker. The girls LOVED her she was funny and nice.

The girls showing off their tough tattoos. I actually LOVE Harley's (if i got a real one it would probably be what she has!! lol).

So as you can see they had fun. Mind you they are both sporting war wounds. They went down a HUGE blowup slide together and gave themselves friction burns on opposite elbows (you can see the padded bandages St Johns stand gave them).

I am like 85% finished all my secret knitting group knitting! How excellent is that?? I feel like I have done well this year no madly running around knitting at the last minute.

I am equally doing well with Chrissie shopping. Just the adults left to buy for and all done there too (oh and collect 2 laybys for the girls).

Adam collected my overlocker last week. So now I have to be good and strong and NOT touch it til probably after Christmas cos I have so much Chrissie knitting I still have to do that if I DO touch it I will probably never get it all done!! lol

I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. The weather here has been all over the place. Friday I got sunburnt. Saturday is was damn cold and wet!! Today it's sunny but with wind.

I have been returning some Karma on etsy of late (hoping it comes back in return for me too). I have bought a gorgeous Strangeling picture for the girls. And some headbands for them too. And one headband for me.

My heels are feeling a lot better now. And my sinus infection is all gone. So seems I am back in one piece, though hay fever is attacking again..sigh.

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments about my sales, and for well wishes for my heels :)

It's scary that Christmas is 1 month 6 days away isn't it? What the hell has happened to the year?

Ok my dears. Hope you all have a great week.

Happy Knitting

Katt

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 10:57 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh the girls have grown so much!!
    Nice handwarmers, very nice hand modelling too!!
    39 sleeps till Christmas apparently!!

     
  • At 11:48 am, Blogger sue said…

    The handwarmers look lovely. May have to try out that yarn. The girls are so cute, and poor them getting friction burns, how sore. I have to agree that this year has flown by, but as my 71 yr old friend says, the older you get the faster the years go by. It must be true as I feel like the last few years have flown by.

     
  • At 7:11 am, Blogger Karen said…

    What??? NO, Christmas can't be that soon . . . can it? I'm so not going to be ready.

    Looks like a fun Friday - except for the burns from the slide. :( Looks like they still managed to have fun though.

     
  • At 6:47 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    Eek, Christmas! I have done nothing!!

    Glad you are feeling almost 100%

     
  • At 12:17 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    So glad the sinus issues have calmed down. Infected sinuses make me feel like I'm incredibly tired all the time and living in a humid pressure filled balloon - unpleasant. I'm sure you felt approximately the same. So, YAY! for good health.

    Stealth knitting is the best fun : )

     
  • At 7:20 am, Blogger Kate_knits_a_bit said…

    1) Nice handwarmers
    2) cutie pie girls!
    3) yay not-dead lappy
    4) gobsmacked by your VH stash
    5) go buy an external hard-drive and copy all your files over RIGHT NOW
    6) Happy Secret Knitting!
    :>
    ps I have been reading but not commenting - sorry 'bout the slackitude

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |