Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Saturday, 29 November 2008

Oh My!!

Well today I thought I would give you a view of just how much yarn I really have. But since I dont really have the space to spread out ALL of it in one place. I thought I would just show you my stash in box form (note, this doesnt including the little box I have in the loungeroom, or the plastic bag worth of stuff I also have in the lounge..lol). So for your viewing pleasure.



First two pics show you the boxes so you get a rough working out of the size of them. Now I will say that the base two boxes (one each side) is full of fabric. One box (closest to the window) is full of acrylic. The rest of the boxes are full of wool, wool blend, bamboo, cotton, and other blend yarns.

Next to my boxes is my sewing table which I am about to move my brandnew overlocker and my sewing machine onto.

And on top of all that next to the boxes is stuffed ziplock bags full of fleece to spin when I learn to spin (and the girls rollerblades and the girls travel cushions that you plug mp3 players into to listen to music).

We have included Harely (my (9yo in Dec) for size comparison, she comes up to the third box out of 6..lol

So do you all think I have an addiction problem?

We have been working through the house dejunking it. There has been so many bags of clothes that have been sitting around for years that the girls have grown out of that I keep meaning to sell on ebay, and toys they just dont play with and things Adam and I have had since we started living together. Well now its all going. We have taken about 4 huge garbage bags full of things to a local opshop. We have another 2 full to go. We have like 5 big garbages full of rubbish to take to Adams work big bin (which is being done tomorrow). We arent even ooooh..half way through cleaning!!! Lets just say we hoard too much..lol

So to say Chrissie knitting has been suffering is an understatement. Well I have done some but nowhere near as far through as I want to be. But then I got a few weeks in Dec to get it done. We have only 5 more pressies to buy too so that's great! I'm glad we are almost set!

Okies folks have a great weekend!! Catch you another time. Take care and happy knitting!!

Katt

Labels: , , , ,

16 Comments:

  • At 9:09 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Here's hoping you are never buried under that huge stack of boxes: come to think of it, maybe you already are........(cue spooky X-Files music)

     
  • At 9:29 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    I am not worthy. You are the stash queen. I bow down to you.

    p.s. are the boxes stuffed or lightly packed? (that makes a difference you know).

     
  • At 9:31 pm, Blogger Katt said…

    They are packed so full you couldnt even fart in the box..

     
  • At 9:33 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    hehe this is coming from the woman who likes to smell yarn. Not a good idea to fart in the boxes then!

     
  • At 10:03 pm, Blogger sue said…

    Oh another stash queen just like myself. I have plenty but I hide them under my bed and in the wardrobe, and no photos are going to be taken of all mine. I felt bad enough showing everyone how much sock yarn I had and then found a few extras after that pic was taken. Lets hope we all live to be a ripe old age to at least knit half of it up.

     
  • At 10:11 pm, Blogger Suzy said…

    Wow! That is a stash!
    Well done on the spring dejunk and also well done on your Christmas shopping. I haven't started yet!

     
  • At 7:57 am, Blogger Jen said…

    I'm jealous! My hubby says, "At least hers is in bins!" LOL

     
  • At 11:24 am, Anonymous Michelle said…

    ooh...you have a generous amount of stash ^_^ hahaha. you made me feel a lot better as I only have 4 of those plastic tubs full of yarn ^_^

     
  • At 3:53 pm, Blogger Rachel said…

    WOW! That's amazing! I have some, but seeing your stash makes me want to go out and buy more!!! LOL.

     
  • At 6:01 pm, Blogger Megan's 101 List (Yes, another 101 list!) said…

    Got an inspection coming eh? :D

    Glad to hear you're tidying up... I could use a little of that myself! (the house that is, not me, tho I'm due a haircut too)

     
  • At 6:07 pm, Blogger Megan's 101 List (Yes, another 101 list!) said…

    Whoops, now you have access to my list XD

     
  • At 2:33 pm, Blogger Katt said…

    no no inspections :P

    and i knew about the list and had been there before!! lol

     
  • At 7:04 am, Blogger Kate_knits_a_bit said…

    ::blinky blink blink::
    :>

     
  • At 4:31 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    Oh wow. That's amazing. I am not worthy.

     
  • At 8:51 am, Blogger TinkingBell said…

    Beautiful!!

    That's a very organised collection of insultation you've got there - but stash? I don't see any stash...

     
  • At 6:40 am, Blogger Dandy said…

    holy... you have a (not going to say terrible, cuz it's not)huge addiction problem...lol

    and I thought I had lots of yarn... I only have 4-5 big containers and a chest of fiber.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |