Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Tuesday, 15 July 2008

i have good reason!

I'm alive but only just I swear! I have a cold though. And feel a little like crap but apart from that I am alive!!

Rachelle turned 6 on Sunday. My baby is a big girl!!! We had her birthday party on Saturday. It was a shared party with Little Miss 6 (Cathys Daughter). And on Sunday we went around to their house and had dinner. The girls (and Cathy's grandson who was there) had a great time. And the food was YUM!!

I have been busy though. I finished another item on the UFO list. It's Rachelle's Vintage Hues jumper. She LOVES it and wanted to wear it to her birthday party (which she did). Harley decided SHE wanted one to wear to the party TO though..Sooooo with FOUR days til the birthday party on Saturday, I cast on and moved my butt making Harley a Vintage Hues jumper as well. Below are the finished products (yes I made it..finished it up Friday night).





Rachelle in her blue and orange Vintage Hues Jumper

Harley in her bright coloured Vintage Hues Jumper

Both girls really love their jumpers (which I am very glad about). As I was knitting up Harley's jumper at Demz place she fell in love with how it was looking and put an order in for one for her daughter. So I have to cast that on real soon.

The UFO list WOULD be down to 4 items now..If it was for the fact I cast on another item in some newly dyed yarn by me...I am almost half way through that too..But no pics!!

I have some wool to list on the shop today too. Gotta get that stocked up more the sock wool is dropping down an bit. I also have to dye up some more wool to sell at some point.

I am glad I made it with all my ordered wool and sold them off to the people who ordered them (ordered wool, my wool and some for the shop ended up being a day of 2kg dyeing!!).

I had to buy a new tub for storing my wool in yesterday cos it had been getting out of hand and I was having zip lock bags sitting up everywhere with no room in the big plastic tubs I have. So another 120L tub and all wool away now. The stack is well taller then me now. I haven't got them all on top of each other the moment if I did I would need Adam's help (and i am not short people!! I am average woman's height 165cm or 5foot 5inches). Can everyone say "yarn diet"?

Okies I have to get ready to go out to a meeting. Thought I better drop a line and let you all know I hadn't fallen off the face of the earth just been super busy with knitting, parties and being sick...Take care!!

Happy knitting

Katt

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 1:38 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    Thanks God tha ply on VH is so big, or you'd hve crippled yourself getting them done in time!

     
  • At 4:43 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    The jumpers are gorgeous!! The girls look very posh pattern book modelly!! Glad everything is going well!!

     
  • At 6:39 pm, Anonymous Megan said…

    Kate = in denial.

    You're short :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |