Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Friday, 20 June 2008

when UFO's attack

was talking to a ravelry friend (hi Jen!!) when i listed my UFOs i have on at the moment, she told me hers..which reminded of MORE i had forgotten and i worked out somehow...my UFOs had become a problem again.

So in an act of public shaming to make me get through them and only start new ones if they are orders i shall list them below.
  1. ordered beanie (almost up to the shaping then its done)
  2. fetching handwarmers (just the thumbs to be done on both)
  3. baby brim hat to match pants for sale (up to the shaping)
  4. ordered 8ply socks (onto foot of first one)
  5. cabe and rib jumper (just needs both sleeves and seaming)
  6. charity scarf (only about 1/3 of the way through)
  7. raglan child jumper (doing the body which is in the round only about 1/3 of the way up)
  8. childs vest (not far through this at all also doing in the round)
  9. girls verson of the Star is Born jumper (part way up back)

ok there is the list of my shame on public display for all to see now..NINE things on the go at once!! apart from the cable and rib jumper all of them have been worked on in the past week.

ok so now to make me feel better can people please list their UFOs so hopefully someone has as many on the go as me and i dont feel as bad!! lol

spotlight in australia this past week had Cleckheaton Vintage Hues for half price. i have been eyeing off this lovely yarn but not interested in paying the price for a ball for awhile. so when it came up half price i went nuts and bought a heap (by heap please read almost 50balls of it) in 3 different colours. the raglan jumper i am knitting is being done in the vintage hues blue/orange colourway. so far i am loving it and i havent even finished the first ball (though only a few rounds away from doing that)!!

finally sold a sock pattern on etsy!!! yaaaaaaaaaay!! hoping its the first of many many pattern sales.

no pics again today folks, digi batteries are flat! hope everyone has a great weekend!!

happy knitting

Katt

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 5:01 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh that doesn't seem too bad. I am counting in my head: CPH, CornuTOPia, Diamonds socks, and that's all for me. Very unusual!!! The VH is still on sale and they have MORE!! All the colours. I am sad there is no real green.
    Hurray, well done with the pattern sale!!!

     
  • At 7:47 pm, Blogger sue said…

    9 isnt bad at all. I am sure I could easily shame myself by naming all mine, but the last week or so I have been pulling out UFO's and finishing them off. It is nice to have that enthusiasm again for the old projects. I cannot believe you bought 50 balls of Vintage Hues yarn, you must be intending to knit a lot from them all. I did see a booga bag made from some which turned out quite nicely too.

     
  • At 11:02 pm, Blogger Megan said…

    Dude, I will soon have finished my cross stitch... for ease of showing my friends, are you interested in posting the pic on your blog so I can send everyone thru here to see it, rather than me having to send it seperately to everyone? Dunno if any of your blogpeople are into cross stitch or not too, or if you want the extra traffic. Let me know... I still have all the back stitching to do yet so it isn't completely finished.

     
  • At 9:37 am, Blogger Jen said…

    Hello, sorry for reminding you of the cable and rib, mine is languishing as well... LOL I also have Horcrux socks in progress, a Tulip skirt for one of the girls, and an Olive Branch Yoga Hoodie, which um, starts with the hood, and I haven't even finished that part yet...

     
  • At 4:06 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    I have made my list - afraid to say it's not as long as yours Miss Katt!

    I haven't been back to get more Vintage Hues, but Mum did!

     
  • At 5:26 pm, Anonymous Holly said…

    I am making and posting my list later today (when I get home from work - pesky thing that - to support the family and fibre habit).

    Great way to get support for finishing and to admit how long some of those projects have been languishing.

     
  • At 4:12 pm, Blogger Rachel said…

    Wow, that was brave! I never post much of a list because I'm afraid I won't get done. Good LUCK!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |