Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Saturday, 7 June 2008

Oooops I Did It Again

Those who know me well know my rather large...erm...sock stash..64 adult pair of socks and 7 childrens pair..

WEEEEEEELL after a trip to an Aussie internet site that sells sock wool and was having a free delivery anywhere in Aus for all of May..i am now the owner of another 3 pair of adult socks...so that brings the total up to 67 adult pair and 7 children....sheesh...I think I have a problem...


My panda cotton..which is cotton/bamboo/elastic nylon.. yummy

my maizy which is corn/elastic nylon earthy colours

and my FAVE!! Panda wool which is wool/bamboo/nylon is metallic like colours

I am so in love with these yarns!! I plan on using the Panda wool to make myself some handwarmers I think, my pattern, its too gorgeous for feet!!!
I am dying to cast on something in them!!! But I have to be good and fill all my orders before I can cast on anything else.. MUST BE GOOD GIRL!!!
I have heaps of wool dyeing orders to fill too..down side? Having to buy more YARN first! YIKES they all jumped on me at once in a big surprise!! So once wool comes in (I have ordered it earlier this week) I have to get moving and get dyeing.
Winter has hit here for sure. Its getting so nice and cold. For me to hear yesterday from my dear finnish friend that he had 32 degrees (C) in Helsinki and felt like he was melting.. Poor guy, not sure if they are use to it being THAT hot there so early in summer.
Okies I am off to work on my orders! Happy knitting all and have a great weekend!!
Katt

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 7:18 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh that green is so lovely isn't it?? I think the wool is so nice, it will be nice handwarmers too.

     
  • At 1:19 am, Blogger Bugsy said…

    ohhhh i am green with envy (but not the nice metallic looking green of that yarn!). All the colors are so lovely - i wish this was a scratch and sniff site though - would love to feel and smell that yarn - bet it is very nice indeed. Me want some!!!!

     
  • At 11:57 am, Blogger sue said…

    Such nice yarns. I think my sock collection is growing too, but I have decided to knit up a few pairs for the kids so it should reduce it somewhat. Happy dyeing too, and glad that your getting more orders.

     
  • At 11:22 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Free shipping? Clearly you had to buy some - can't pass up a FREE deal!! Love the colors on that Panda Cotton. Yummy!

     
  • At 11:23 am, Blogger Jen said…

    I love that Panda Cotton. I have about 4 different colors now, for what else, socks! Great deal on the free shipping!

     
  • At 12:02 am, Blogger Dandy said…

    scored some of that maizy yarn from a contest, I haven't used it yet, but I love it and pet it all the time.. it's gorgeous!!

    it's awsome about all your orders!! I wish I had more time to do fibery stuff... working full time sucks!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |