Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Saturday, 12 April 2008

Pictures

Okies here is two of the things I promised piccies that I took today. Still havent taken pics of my prize from Vicki's competition yet or the wool I have dyed up.

Firstly is the birthday Fetchings. I love this blend. Its so soft and lovely knitted up and really looks good. It's Holiday Wool Rich Tweed. 85% wool 15% viscose. I really hope the birthday girl when she gets them likes them. I hope she likes the colour and the feel and gets lots of use out of them this winter. (fuzzy pic is true colour of wool blend).



Second is the baby pants I plan on selling on Etsy. Also made from the same Holiday Wool Rich Tweed (different dyelot though.).




I so love this wool blend. I have a lot left (I got like 16 balls of it over 3 different dyelots). I plan on doing a jumper and maybe a few other things out of it for my shop.

The hell I had with the different dyelots though! Silly me didnt think when I was finishing up the first pant leg and just grabbed a ball and finished it..it looked like it matched in the artifical light of the night. The next morning after doing 11 rows of the second half the pants I took a closer look at the first leg...OH NO!! in natural light the bottom part of the first leg was TOTALLY different!! There is a HUGE difference between the two dyelots!! So I had to rip back the second leg and grab the right dyelot (there is more this but I cant bring myself to go into it..sad ripping back and starting again a THIRD time was involved). Then when I got the second leg finished (all the correct colour) I ripped back the bottom of the first leg and fixed that. I was smart enough to check and make sure the dyelots was all correct for the second fetching before casting it on so I didnt have to worry to much there (only had to redo the cast on).

I have now gone through all the wool and put them together in correct dyelots so I dont have to worry so much next time I wish to do somthing with this blend.

I have cast on a few things and have a few more to do. I have cast on a birthday pair of socks that need to be done by mid May (well..probably more like BEGINNING of May because they have to travel to the other side of the world for the birthday boy, who requested them!!).

I also have an order for THREE beanies!! One of which I have to dye the wool up for. All three are different kinds so its not going to be boring (and all adults)! they are listed below
  1. Hand dyed Opal colourway plain beanie
  2. Marl Grey cable and ribbed beanie
  3. Mid Blue earflap hat (which is actually a gift for the ordered persons friend)

So I have to get busy and get knitting and dyeing and its a good thing the weather has cooled down enough to be doing all this! lol

Okies I better be off to do some of this work. Happy knitting all and have a great weekend!

Katt

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 10:14 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Yikes, what a pain with those different dye-lots. :( I agree, who would have thought there'd be such a difference. The pants came out so cute though.

     
  • At 11:35 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh I feel your dyelot pain, how annoting. But the Fetchings look good and they will keep hands very warm!!

     
  • At 8:52 am, Blogger Bugsy said…

    love both the fetchings and the baby pants (how cute are they!) The color is just lovely too. how you find time to knit i just do not know. I have trouble finding time to go to the loo!

    p.s. Only 9 sleeps to go.......

     
  • At 2:27 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    Are the baby pants the same one that I knit with the tiger yarn? I'm guessing that you've put in some yo and threaded the i-cord through. I must do another pair of thos pants for Til; they were so warm and handy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |