Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Saturday, 29 March 2008

Done a lot

In the past 2 years I think I have come a long way with knitting and knitting related things.

Yesterday I achieved a new milestone when I finally listed 2 of my designed patterns on to my etsy shop..and on ravelry became a designer and a yarnie.

Its a great feeling to get it out there. And hope like hell it sells. I am still working on a few other designs and I have more knitted items to list. But the shop is starting to look a little healthier again. And yesterday I sold a skein of sock wool so thats a bonus.

Suppose those lazy ones who cant be bother clicking the links want to see the pattern I just finished designing and put up on etsy? Its my girls socks I have been working on for several months. I got it test knitted. And I hope it sells well. I think they are very pretty. And its hard to find good fancy girls sock patterns at times. They are called Little Mermaid Socks..The pattern is like an upside down mermaid tail. It goes up to 10yo though you could make it for older I am sure by going up to the next needle size.

Pictured here in my colourway Pansy. I like how they look. My test knitter did hers in a solid yellow and they look great :)

Harley loves them which is good cos they were knitted for her..and Rachelle wants a pair (though I have told her my next designed socks will be in her size).

The weather has become autumn!! Lovely rain..cool weather..perfect..I am in such a knitting mood its great :)

VERY glad the girls go back from easter break next week..They are driving me CRAZY!!!! constantly fighting..doing everything we tell them NOT to!! I swear they are just testing limits to see how long it takes for my head to explode.

Moto this weekend yay for me!! The sadness of my fave superbike rider retiring end of this year has turned into a happy event with the knowledge that he is coming HOME (Aussie boy)..and aiming to head into V8 driving (which comes to Tassie)..so there is still a chance I can see him :)

Okies folks..off to do some things then sit down to knit a bit..have a great weekend!!

Happy knitting

Katt

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 1:08 pm, Blogger sue said…

    Congrats Katt on your design. The socks look wonderful and I love that colorway too. By the way did you get my email. I hadnt heard from you and was wondering if everything went through okay and if the parcel had been sent off yet. I did try and contact you, perhaps it is my end not working right. Wait to hear from you.

     
  • At 1:47 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    Wow, a posting frenzy! I hope you're hving fun with your moto moments. Do they ever inspire a pattern? And well done you for knitting for yourself. You should get a look in at some stage!

    I'm on Ravelry but I can't remember my log on name, so I'm glad you posted the pix. On a yarn diet but when I'm off it, I know where I'll be headed : )

     
  • At 6:11 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Katt that's wonderful and well done with the pattern!!! Happy Selling. Yes I'd like to see some bike inspired socks too!!!The socks are wonder

     
  • At 10:21 pm, Blogger Anne said…

    I love the socks and the colour as well. My goal this year is to knit my first pair of socks. Thanks for the link to the sock patterns.

     
  • At 7:47 am, Blogger Karen said…

    Good for you, girl!! Congratulations!

     
  • At 10:20 am, Blogger amanda j said…

    Well done! You deserve some financial reward for your hard work. I will post a photo today of some socks I am working on with your yarn! Feel free to link to me when I do so!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |