Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Wednesday, 20 February 2008

Oooopsies

Oooh its been a month since I last posted! Bad me.

I have been knitting though not much. I decided to spread myself over 3 projects.
  1. size 1 cable and rib jumper
  2. 6-12mths hooded raglan baby jumper
  3. childs socks I am designing

Well the raglan is up to me knitting the hood and then finishing up the sewing (hoping to get that done soon).

The cable and rib has the front and back finished so just the sleeves, sewing and collar to go.

The socks are up to turning the heel and working out how I want the foot part to look. Then knitting the second sock. Sending out to my test knitters and then I will be able to list it on etsy to sell.

Both jumpers will be for etsy. I am really having to get my butt moving on that thing. Would have listed some wool I have dyed ready to sell and some other knitwear I have ready to sell except when I went to take pics of them yesterday the digi batteries died. And we cant find the cord to the charger to recharge the batteries!! Oh the trauma.

Went into spotlight last week. They had some wool reduced to $1 a ball..Sooooo $50 later out i came with a HUGE bag of wool. All divided up into their lots and put away waiting for me to cast something on after I have finished up a few things I have no needles now. All is pure wool except some Cleckheaton natural in green fleck which is a blend of wool acrylic. I LOVE getting pure wool so cheap..

The girls are both back at school which I am soooo happy about. Both are full time this year. So I get my days to myself. Going to enjoy doing nothing for maybe another week then start hitting all their toys and things that they dont play with but wont let me toss out and get rid of a HEAP while they arent home to stop me.

Because the digi is out of use I have no pics of knitting to show you. But I have a pic of my girls taken the other week while we were visiting my parents I can show you. So enjoy.


above is Harley (8yo)


above is Rachelle (5yo)

Okies catch you all later. Enjoy your week and weekend! Hope to get some pics up soon of knitting. Will have to hunt for the charge cord!

Happy knitting

Katt

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 9:48 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Lovely to see you back on the air!! I loved that wool you were knitting with too. Saw the sock wool at The BSODL today. All 5 colours are in. No green.
    The girls look very lovely in their portraits. Hope you find your lost cord!!!

     
  • At 10:18 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    I'm just gob-smacked. Those *young women* cannot be your little girls. I'd be completely freaked if I were you!!!!

    Your list sounds eerily like project monogamy. Are you still in recovery mode from the pre-Christmas knitting blitz?

     
  • At 10:21 am, Blogger sue said…

    Your girls are growing up arent they. I ventured to Spotlight and grabbed a few bargains too. Last night I even found some Vera Moda sock yarn in boyish colors for $4.99 a 100gm ball which has 400m on it. Great bargain so I do plan on knitting some socks for the boys in my house very soon. I am going to knit Isabelle some too in that beautiful blue sock yarn I bought from you too.

     
  • At 1:51 pm, Blogger Dandy said…

    your girls are getting so big... hard to believe that Harley was a baby when we met... and now look at them!!!

     
  • At 2:42 pm, Anonymous RachelH said…

    Glad to see you back! I disappeared for awhile too. The girls are just GORGEOUS Katt! So grown up. Enjoy your extra time. I'm sure that you will find TONS of things to do with it! Always so busy! You make my head spin! ((HUGS))

     
  • At 3:36 am, Blogger Jen said…

    Beautiful girls, Katt! And so photogenic. Wow, big words...LOL I'm sneaking all the way to Australia to sneak some wool from your stash!

     
  • At 10:33 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    I think some angels must have fallen out of heaven - cause look at those girls! "My" they are sure growing up fast, and beautiful. Glad you are okay. I love bargains! Must go visit spotlight for a fix.

     
  • At 4:50 am, Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said…

    Aww...they are so sweet.
    :-)
    Glad you are back!
    In August...I will be able to do the same thing (go through the kids rooms and get rid of old things...no one to stop me).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |