Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Sunday, 20 January 2008

Kicked it

Seems this cable and rib jumper is what I needed to kick the startitis. Lets face it, when you have been itching to start something for over a month but have stopped yourself, nothing else is going to please. But its been slow knitting. When I get time I do some. I have almost finished the back (or is it the front?? Its both the same anyway). Love how its looking too. Looking forward to getting it finished.

I still have fleeting flirting thoughts about other knitted items, but I am staying monogamous to this jumper til its done.

The weather here has been lovely. Rained all day yesterday. Today its cloudy and windy..This is the summer weather I love..LOL yes..I know..its not really summer weather. Which is why I love it.

My itching for motorbike racing will soon be scratched. This coming week the Moto testing starts again. Superbikes had theirs last week, and one of my favourite riders broke himself (damnit)..They think he will be back to fighting form by the time the season starts Mid Feb.

Still no piccies to show off. I have been such a slacker and taken none for over a month. Will have to get my act together on the next really nice day.

Apart from knitting little, playing poker a lot, and trying to find nice charms for my pandora bracelet I have only been up to the usual wife/mum/homeperson rubbish. Boring life I lead. Next Tuesday my knitting group get together again so really looking forward to that.

I have bought my parents their birthday presents from etsy this year. Now I have to hope they turn up in time, I get the feeling my dads wont. They guy making it for me had a family issue which has sent them into a spin so there has been a delay. I wont hold it against him (family should always come first). But might have to make dad wait a little for his pressie. Mums is meant to be already in the mail so looking forward to getting that since her birthday is at the end of this month (dads is beginning of next).

I have had a few issues with etsy at the moment. I bought some cardstock tags for my items over a month ago. They never arrived (December is an evil month to mail things), the lovely seller is redoing some and sending them off to me again. Lets hope this lot turns up.

Okies folks. I best go get myself some lunch, its almost 2pm and haven't eaten all day! Happy knitting! Enjoy your upcoming week.

Katt

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 4:30 pm, Blogger 2paw said…

    Hurray for the 'coolth'. It is so much nicer, it is still 25 but there is a cool wind and it has rained!! We both, you and I, feel soooo much better in the cool. I like the Not Summer weather.
    Yes, get your sewing machine out right now!!!! I am just sewing my Labradors skirt. I am in lurve!! I too have few knitting projects at the moment, must be the weather. See you on Tuesday!!!!!

     
  • At 10:11 am, Blogger amanda j said…

    The weather certainly has taken a cool turn!
    How many charms do you have for your bracelet??
    Glad to hear you are knitting again!

     
  • At 4:43 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Hey Katt, How you doing? I thought I'd just drop you a line, I've been keeping an eye on your blog and it sounds like your having the same busy school holidays stuff going on as it do.
    I've got a charm bracelet to but only have 4 charms but working on getting more.
    Today I got my first bit of knitting inspiration for the year so guess what Im doing tonight :-)

     
  • At 9:21 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    Oh, those January blahs. Sometimes, shock/horror, not even shopping will fix them! Don't worry, gearing up to get the girls back to school ought to whip you up to your usual pace and then you'll have this alleged extra time to fill in LOL.

    This has been the wettest summer I've had for about 8 years and I'm LOVING it. I got the drought in Canberra, Los Angeles ( I missed it breaking 4 months after I went back home), Melbourne, and Wagga. If this keeps up I might finally have a proper winter : D

     
  • At 3:17 pm, Anonymous Sue said…

    Having just returned from my travels, and being away for nearly 3 weeks, I haven't kept up with what the weather was doing here in Melbourne. I went from very warm, to bloody hot, to hot and humid. Today feels pleasant to me, but I have no idea what the temperature is.
    I too have a Pandora, and am madly looking for charms for it. So far I have 7.
    Hoping to get back to knitting once I have caught up on my blog writing and reading.

     
  • At 9:19 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    Hey chicky - hope the knitting is going well - are you going to give us a teaser picture?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |