Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Monday, 31 December 2007

Let me off

Can someone please stop the world from spinning and let me off please?? Dont care where..

From 26th of Dec I have had the flu (YES again!!) Never had it in my life (not real flu..people call bad colds flu but once you get the flu you know the difference) but now have had it TWICE in one year!!! Bad fever...really sore throat...but seems i am coming out the pointy end now. I get the feeling it was in hiding in my system til the whole EVIL christmas was over then when I thought I could relax, it pounced.

Done not much knitting in this time (as you would guess). Hoping to get back into it soon.

Weather has finally gotten damn warm here...not great with flu I can tell you..

Last night while I was sitting at the computer chatting with some online friends..Having fun, I heard a huge BANG.... I go to Adam "what was that?" (he was in bedroom watching SciFi dvd) he goes "dont know but there was arguing before it" and I half joked (yes i said HALF) "someone got shot" well...damn it I was right...next door (where the 3 kids the girls play with live) has a flat up the back...the guy there has been in a "little" (read HUGE) amount of trouble with the law..well last night...2 guys shot him...Knee Capped him to be exact... After telling him they would kill him..Adam only heard mumbles of what was a fight but could make out clearly one work..said rather often JUST before he was shot (sure you lot are smart enough to work that word out)...

What the hell has happened to my little street??? So quiet...So peaceful....The guy has been asked to move (thank goodness..but should have been done BEFORE he got kneecapped...like when the cops had him house bound from dusk til dawn)....

SO tonight..Adam is working..til probably well after midnight being that his place has a bar and its New Years Eve...and I am home alone with the girls...And there was a shooting next door..THEY (the neighbours) have left for the night..LUCKY ME!!

happy knitting all

Katt

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

  • At 6:12 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    Holy crap Katt! That's nuts! I am home with the small people tonight too. At least you can probably count on that never happening again next door to you! Poor thing.

    And as for the flu! Geez Louise, you need a break!

     
  • At 10:30 pm, Blogger 2paw said…

    You poor thing. The Flu, twice, and shootings to boot. Hope you are feeling much better and safe too. Happy New Year!!!

     
  • At 12:53 am, Blogger Dandy said…

    the flu twice.... you poor thing... DJ had it at christmas.. went thru the whole house!!

    and a shooting?? holy man... thats so scary!

    did they get the guys who did it?

    Happy New Year!

     
  • At 11:21 am, Blogger sue said…

    OMG how absolutely scary for you. I do hope that you feel better soon too. It seems sometimes just when our bodies relax all the illnesses come on. I hope you can relax soon. Happy New Year!

     
  • At 2:34 pm, Anonymous Suzi said…

    I read about that incident in the paper, the report said it was a single gun shot to the calf????

    And just when it looked like the Melbourne gangland was coming to our town!

     
  • At 8:07 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    I know how you feel with having the flu twice.

    I have been on the sick list 3 times in the past 3 months and that's not normal for me.

    I think you must be like me at the moment and are a bit run down and anything that's going around hits you like a ton of bricks.

    Cathy

     
  • At 12:37 am, Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said…

    AHHHH!!!
    I hope that you are doing alright, that certainly is scary as heck...and with the flu on top of all that!
    Hope that you are feeling better, and that you do have a Happy New Year.

     
  • At 9:48 am, Blogger Karen said…

    A shooting??? How scary. :( As if having the flu isn't bad enough. Hope you are feeling better and all is quiet from the neighbors.

     
  • At 10:36 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    See if that guy had Knitted and sold the stuff on etsy instead of doing what he was doing, this would never have happened!

    Hope you are feeling better hun.

    Soo what are the big knitting resolutions for 2008? Anything planned yet?

     
  • At 7:05 am, Anonymous Jen/yarnhoardinmama said…

    It's scary being home at night alone with the kids when there are things like that going on! Time to invite the poolboy...LOL

     
  • At 5:42 pm, Blogger Sheila said…

    That's very scary. I hope your New Year is getting better!

     
  • At 12:45 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    Poor you! There's nothing worse than having a fever when it's hot outside. You need to take care of yourself a bit more so that you're not so susceptible to these infections, m'dear! 2008 will be the year Katt takes care of herself, ya hear?

    I loved all the toys, though. You sure did a LOT of work in that short knitting month. Mentally I always assume that December has 4 knitting weeks until Christmas. Stupid, I know. Especially when one remembers when Christmas day actually IS!

    What projects for 2008?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |