Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Thursday, 6 December 2007

Drowning.........in knitting

Aaaahhhh the Chrissie knitting terror!! I have done it to myself really. Decided on the 1st of December that giving knitted toys to all the friends and family kids I give pressies to was such a good idea and money saver....Soooooo out came pen and paper and off I wrote with a list of kids..... TWELVE (yes I said 12) kids later..I stopped searching my memory for fear of finding more children..LOL Soooooo twelve toys I have to knit..I have done 4. Was going great guns of 1 a day until I had a knitting breakdown yesterday and did almost no knitting. Today I am back to it. Cant afford to stop now. Must get them done. Though, if needed, I can skip the next door neighbour kids (3 of them) and just buy them something silly and little. But still. Knitting away I am. Bit sick of doing toys. Can think of like a few other things I would rather be doing, but these have to be done. Getting the little toys that have to visit postage bags and go for a jump over the pond first. Then will get back to the local ones that the girls will hand deliver.

Yesterday booked Harley's birthday party too, today she hands out the invites. Not too many more sleeps before my first born little darling turns 8..Where did the time go?

I never got time to list my earrings on my etsy like I wanted to in hopes of selling them for Chrissie, oh well there is always Valentines next year.

I have been having some fun with ravelry. Met a new friend there. She is really nice. No blog though..lol

No piccies from me today. Too much to do no time to take them and its horrid weather anyway.

19 days til chrissie and I am so not ready this year! Though I have just bought the pressie the girls will give me. Got most of theirs on lay-by...Taken care of 12 other kids pressies (if I get them all knitted).....But there is still several adults to get pressies for and I honestly have no clue (though have gotten some of my sisters pressies already). I haven't had a year this bad since I was pregnant with Harley (I had an excuse that year..Heavily pregnant with a child does that too you). Have bought my two good friends presents (well..one is fully gotten, another has half on the way and half has to be bought but I know what it is). Still have parents...inlaws (x6) ..ADAM (from me and from girls)...rest of my sisters (x2)...Adam can row his own boat and work out what to get me this year (bad enough I have to work out pressies for his family!!!)..I hate chrissie..Still have to put the tree up (that might be something Adam and the girls can do tomorrow since he has the day off work). Oh..and I forgot to mention I have to buy Harley a birthday present or two.

Yesterday I had my seasonal moment of kindness (ok..would have done it no matter what the time of year). At the supermarket there were a "special" pair in front of us who had just done their shopping. We were all lined up with our things to pay and go. They had their Chrissie vouchers that they earned all year to spend. But it turned out they had lost one. The female was getting in a minor panic because they didnt have enough money to pay for all their groceries. It wasnt much extra needed (only $2.70) but she was worried and couldnt find it. I nudged Adam and told him to pay for it. He handed over the money needed. The woman was so greatful, she kept thanking us..The checkout lady kept thanking us (even after the two had left). I felt ashamed that such a HUGE deal was made out of Adam and I doing something so small as handing over a few dollars to help out a stranger (it wasnt going to ruin our day but it might have made theirs). WHAT has the world come to when such a big effort of praise has to be made out of a small act of kindness? I am horrified to think that a lot of people would have probably stood there huffing and puffing because "speical" people couldnt get their shopping right.

Anyway back to the grindstone. Happy knitting all!

Katt

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

  • At 7:50 pm, Blogger sue said…

    Oh Katt you are so good knitting 12 presents for your gifts. I knitted one toy last year, Beary Bear and that was enough, although Isabelle has put in an order for a fairy bear and I have only knitted the soles of the feet so far. I am amazed too that more people dont help out others. It seems sometimes people are too interested in doing their own thing. It is nice to know there are still people with good hearts in this world. Happy knitting!

     
  • At 11:54 pm, Blogger Sue H said…

    Hope all goes well with your Chrissie gift knitting; it sure is a bit undertaking.
    It's great to know that there are still some of us around who will help out someone in need, especially when it's such a small thing. I too am often amazed by the comments of others, at their amazement that I will do something for someone I don't know. That is one of the reasons I joined Lions, to be among other people who like to help others.

     
  • At 2:02 am, Anonymous Jen said…

    Am I the one you are teasing for not having a blog? LOL I might have to get going on one now!
    Jen

     
  • At 1:34 am, Blogger Dandy said…

    WOW Kate 12 gifts... I have 3 and I'm pinching for time... Naiomi just informed me that she wants a newsboy hat!?!? aarrggg

    that was nice of you to do for that couple.. I would of done the same thing... whats $3...

     
  • At 9:31 pm, Blogger Kylie said…

    12 presents, has anyone told you that your mad ;)

     
  • At 4:18 pm, Blogger 2paw said…

    Snap!! I am so unorganised, disorganised and antiorganised too!! I have done hardly anything. Sigh. You are a stalwart though, you always come through in the end!!!!! Good luck with the toys and the present idea. Well done helping at the checkout. It is a big deal because so many peple these days WOULDN'T help. Spirit of Christmas and all that!!!

     
  • At 2:22 am, Blogger fiddletwiddleneedlework.web-log.nl said…

    Did you tell anyone of your ambitious plans? No? You can still change it! Yes? You'll have to finish it, but never do it again in your whole life!
    Still got 2 animals ready to get stuffed at the attick (since a year), but haven't the courage to finish it.
    I wish you al lot of success!

     
  • At 11:34 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Hang in there with the toys - I know you can get them done!! I agree - it's sad when a little gesture of kindness at Christmas seems so rare. Good for you for having the true Christmas spirit.

     
  • At 10:09 am, Blogger Kate said…

    I think most people would have done what you guys did but it's worth praising these actions out loud and long to ensure that the next generation knows that this is what you do to support your local community.

    Honey, if you're giving gifts to all the planet, no wonder you hate Christmas! Ease up a little on yourself. Mind you, I'm suffering the same issue with the 14 neiphews!

     
  • At 7:39 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    stop blogging, keep knitting!

    ohh less than a week to Harley's birthday! your baby is growing up

    I love what you did at the grocery store - we need more people in the world like you.

     
  • At 8:28 am, Blogger Kate_knits_a_bit said…

    Oh Katt, are you trying to give yourself RSI and get out of the dishwashing??? I say prioritise, lest you be sitting there at 2am frantically weaving in ends and blearily vowing 'never again'!!!
    Random Acts of Kindness Award to you this week - give yourself permission to feel a few warm fuzzies, coz you are a decent person.
    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |