Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Thursday, 1 November 2007

Well Crap!!!

It would seem another item on my small list will be visiting the frog pond. Though..I guess..deep down it was destined to. After all. three strikes and you are out.

Adams jumper which I had great plans on havnig nicely done to present him, is the guilty item.

Yesterday when I was taking pics to post on my ravelry of it, I found...It had a CUT STITCH!!! Of course it would seem Mr (or Miss) Nobody did it. The stitch is less then half way up. I guess this is the final straw that proves to me that it needs to be frogged.

Problem one came up with the pattern early. The bottom of it rolled. WHY I dont know, the pattern in the piccie never did..And I have seen a few finished ones on Ravelry so I guess I just used the wrong wool.

Problem two appeared while I was taking a piccie of it. I found a purl stitch that should have been a knit (yep..that would be easy to fix I thought)...THEN

Problem three appeared..the cut stitch..SIGH...all over red rover...time to frog..

The pattern of concern is the Stitch'n'Bitch Nations Jesse's Flame...Was doing it in olive (colour in piccie is TOTALLY wrong), wasnt doing it with the flames....

True colour of the jumper

Stitch pattern of the jumper.

Damn hole in the jumper!! (fuzzy..sorry)

Ok folks..Thats it for now. Happy knitting!

Katt

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 5:31 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    Is it too late? Could you fix it?? What a bugger. I agree though, sometimes things just aren't meant to be!

     
  • At 10:54 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Yeah, that seems like a true case of Three Strikes and You're Out to me. Stinks though. :(

     
  • At 3:39 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Bah humbug. I have fixed a hole/cut stitch with the Knitty instructions, but if it's over, it's over. O V A H!!!

     
  • At 10:09 am, Blogger fitknit said…

    Sounds like it is cursed to me. Time to release it.

     
  • At 11:36 am, Blogger sue said…

    Are you sure it isnt fixable, or have you lost the motivation to knit it now. Perhaps it is destined for another project.

     
  • At 4:56 am, Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said…

    AUGH!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |