Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Saturday, 24 November 2007

Sock...what do i want a sock for??

My spring allergies have been playing a merry hell with my face of late. My poor eyes even get a sniff of grass seeds and they explode into red itchy evilness. My nose isnt much nicer. Seems my sisters are having the same problem. All started about a week ago.

I have freed myself from the evil baby socks for awhile. Below is my non-sock (but still baby) adventures.

My friend in Qld is having her 5th baby due January (but she is hoping to induce in Dec). I am pretty sure she will love this baby version of the Lil Devil Hat (modified by me)

I started this yearterday and finished it up today. I love quick knits. And doesnt Pooh Bear look nice and evil?

Nieks baby now has a jumper (below) to go with the beanie (few posts ago). Hand dyed by me before knitting. I love it. So does a friend of mine in New Zealand whos baby is due in April (so I am now torn on whether to give it to Niek or save it for Grants baby). My standard knitted a billion times for peoples babies modified raglan jumper. I love this pattern (I did this for Baby J in stripes). Also included a close up of the colours.

Lastly to show you. Below is the Christmas Pressie for Baby J. I mailed off the parcel mid week to Switzerland. I cant wait for Syb to get it. I hope she loves everything. I forgot to take a pic of the very Aussie gift I included in the parcel for her. My girls have named the bunny "Gangsta Bunny" cos he looks like he belongs in a gang.


I am still working my way through things for babies born this year and chrissie pressies. I dont know how many I am going to get done, and really I dont think I will care..LOL. I guess when the time comes we will just see who of the small people are left to buy for.

There are more hand dyed wool up on my Etsy including some 8ply (DK/Sports weight)..Go look, I know you want to..I will wait.............DONE? ok lets keep going.

I have sold my first hand knitted item on etsy too. One of my chunky beanies. All the other knits I hope to get up there seem to slowly be handed out to peoples babies. Though I still have my hippy baby pants to list.

Weather here has been pretty warm, damn I hate hot weather. Also hate voting and thank goodness that is done for a while longer now.

Ok thats it for me for now. I have dinner to cook and biscuits to make!

Happy knitting all!

Katt

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 6:38 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    Yay you sold a beanie - I love those beanies - been eyeing them off for ages now. They got themselves a bargain!

    I love gansta bunny - love the orange - i think it sets the gray off perfectly and that gray is perfect for a bunny. Like a little wild rabbit.

    Jumper is so cute - love how the colors knitted up in it - bubba will be lovely and warm in that.

    and the lil devil hat - how absolutely gorgeous is that! I just adore it.

    omg you just make me want to knit but how can I compete with the wonders you produce?

     
  • At 10:54 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Pooh does look very evil!!!!! Love the little jumper and the bunny is just plain scary!!
    Bring your bag tomorrow and I can sew it up again!!!

     
  • At 12:40 am, Blogger Karen said…

    Such cute baby stuff. That hat is so funny - I'll have to make one of those too!! :) I love the little jumper, and your colorway came out fabulous. You have such talent for dying yarns. Hope your allergies are doing much better.

     
  • At 9:17 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    All this and you bake cookies too?!? I love all the baby kits but I can totally sympathise with knitter's fatigue. I consider Tilly fortunate that she got her socks when she did!

     
  • At 4:41 pm, Blogger sue said…

    The little devil hat is so adorable. I love gansta bunny too, so cute. I like how the colors knitted up in the baby jumper too, perhaps you could make 2 of them so each friend has one. By the way have you received the letter yet. I do hope so.

     
  • At 6:02 am, Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said…

    Again, wonderful baby items Katt. Hahaha...evil socks huh.
    I love the hat and the funny bunny.
    :-)
    Your jumper looks great, is that your hand dyed yarn? I will have to go back and re-read. It is lovely.

     
  • At 1:10 pm, Blogger Kate_knits_a_bit said…

    My Miss 4 is sitting here saying how cute the devil-in-disguise hat and gangsta bunny are, and when will I make them for her??? On current form, somewhere in 2009, I think!
    I'm very taken with the raglan - looks nice and stretchy in the right spots!

     
  • At 1:08 pm, Anonymous Shoshana said…

    Katt, these are lovely! I missed knitting. When we moved, I lost tract of my needles.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |