Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Wednesday, 14 November 2007

One door closes.....

Another 10 open! YIKES

I finished the baby socks on the list last post. And almost fully finished the charity knitting. Which is good..being as the list has grown again..SIGH
There is 5 babies due by the end of this year (two might have already been born, haven't checked up on Adams side of the family on the coast of late). And that means 5 babies to knit for! There is a 6th, but that is due April next year (at least someone loves me enough to separate themselves from others!! lol). So the grand plan.. BABY SOCKS. Easy. Quick. Cute. And doesn't matter what your winter is like socks are worn. So I have knitted one pair already for these said 5 babies. 4 of them are born in Australia so will have to do bigger sizes for winter in 6 months. But one is due in 2 weeks and will come into this world in Holland. It is the first child to be of a online poker friend of mine. I plan on doing more then just socks for this baby. Niek's little one has already gotten a beanie knitted up and today I cast on a jumper. Its another unknown sex baby (cruelty to knitters I tell you!!), so am having to do some serious stash diving for unisex colours that are baby soft. Don't want to have to buy wool, done a bit too much of that of late (I would get into trouble! haha).

Listed more wool on my etsy too. Have more to list (new colours) GO..Look...BUY...lol Its been fun doing it. Have filled a few orders too (3 private ones). Great that my wool is getting out there in the world.

My little parcel from Switzerland is almost ready to go (which is good, cos its getting really cold there). Below is the little socks (that was on the list) and a group piccie of things for baby J. I have 1 more secret thing to just finish up then I can get it all in the mail and on its way to its new home.

From top left, 2 little singlets I bought, under that his prem beanie, under that his size 1 socks, middle jumper and pants, right top bigger baby ear flap hat and under little man socks.

Below is the beanie I have made for Nieks baby, its the same pattern as baby Js prem beanie, done in bright red (pretty unisex really)


Get the feeling I like to stick away from the baby pastels where I can? I love bright colours for babies, or even (for baby boys) manly colours. I think its cute.

I am enjoying being in Ravelry (Kattwings), there is some great things to look at on there, and patterns I would never have known about if it wasn't for the site. Mind you I still have to start putting my stash in there (now THAT is a mammoth effort alone I think).

Okies, thats me done. I have knitting to do...Laundry to wash...and Groceries to buy! Happy knitting all

Katt

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 5:05 pm, Blogger Sue H said…

    Good luck with all your baby knitting. I have one due soon that I really need to knit for, and maybe I could handle that better than I can the HRB at the moment. I'm finding I'm not able to do more than 3 or 4 rows at a time, mind you, each row is now more than 500 stitches.

     
  • At 7:12 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    Back to your amazingly busy knitting self Katt! Good luck with the yarn sales. I finished the buggy socks - I will email you a picture as soon as I have one.

     
  • At 12:35 am, Blogger Karen said…

    I love all the cute knitted baby goodness!!! Baby knits are so much fun - which reminds me, I have a friend due in the spring. I'd better get knitting!!

     
  • At 12:28 pm, Blogger Knitcrazy said…

    How Nice you haveall those babies to knit for :)
    Those socks are really cute and I love the pants and sweater and hat!!!

    Penny

     
  • At 2:41 am, Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said…

    You make the cutest things. :-) I have to hop on ravelry today and see what you have lined up next.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |