Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Saturday, 17 November 2007

Oh Babies

I am slowly getting sick of knitting baby socks. I am onto my 6th pair of the same sock pattern. I think..Though 2 were sent last month (or was it the month before?). Another two is waiting to go to Switzerland. and 2 pair are heading to Qld next month to two seperate mums. I am working on pair 7 now, one sock made..another one started. After I finished this sock I am casting on SOMETHING ELSE..Though, still for babies. I am going to cast on a cardigan for Nieks unborn (those with ravelry will have probably seen my massive queue of baby cardigans. It will be one of those). His baby is due in 2 weeks. After the cardigan, I will make the socks for his baby.

Below are piccies of the 2 pair of socks heading to Queensland, and the half done pair I am working on now.

Baby socks done in cream top and left over of my Pansy colourway for sole.

baby socks done in my Pansy colourway

Baby socks done in my Fire in the Sky colourway.

The top pair (2 colours) are the ones I am working on now to finish up. Its something I had in my head and wanted to try. Love how it looks. I have other small amount of left overs I plan on using up this way too.

And some of my new colourways I am hopefully going to list on my etsy today below to look at.

Above Leather and Lace Sock Wool

Above Geranium Sock Wool

Okies folks. I think thats enough excitment for one day for you all! LOL Happy knitting Katt

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 12:01 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    I can't believe you have knitted so many pairs - they look great though. I love the two tone socks - very cool.

     
  • At 9:47 pm, Blogger Michelle said…

    The socks are all beautiful! I love the one where you mised it up with the pansy yarn. Gorgeous.

    I spied your new yarns on Ravelry today and then went across to Etsy. You have no idea how hard you are making it for me! I'm supposed to be on a yarn diet after today's little effort at the local yarn store!

     
  • At 10:27 am, Blogger sue said…

    Oh the baby socks are too cute. I posted off your parcel yesterday with a little surprise pattern for your girls which I hope you like. I also included a boy's baby pattern, the Sporty Car Coat which I have up on my ravelry list in charcoal. I hope you like what I sent you. You should get it in a few days. Love the new colors too, the brown and red my fave.

     
  • At 12:43 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Your babies' socks are so cute and so tiny!! Love the new wool colours, you are doing a lovely dyeing job!!!

     
  • At 2:40 am, Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said…

    Lovely socks! I hope that you are able to cast on something else soon like you are hoping!!!
    I love the two color ones.
    The wool is wonderful too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |