Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Sunday, 14 October 2007

Change of plans

So I had grand plans of chugging through my small list of things that I am knitting. Until I had an msn chat with a friend from across the pond (waaaaaaay across the pond). She tells me she has had a bubby..born bit earlier then planned...So I offer my services to make something for the little cutie to keep him warm for their winter to come. So I have been busy with my needles and wool. I have knitted all the pieces of a raglan jumper for him (just have to sew it up and do the neckband). And over half way through one sock for him. Plans are to finish socks...knit him a cute little cargo pair of pants..and a little beanie too. Just hope she likes them all when they are done. I love the jumper colours..and think the socks are looking gorgeous so far. Will include piccies later when i have sewn up jumper and gotten one of the socks done. Used stash wool from a few years ago for jumper...newly bought wool for socks...and planning on using wool i got a few weeks ago for the pants. As for beanie..still deciding on wool for that. All but the pants are being done in Cleckheaton Merino Bambino (100% pure soft wool). Pants..will be done in Cleckheaton Cocoon (soft 70% wool 30% nylon). Worried a little about the nylon in pants..but hoping it will be fine.

Also here is a piccie of a pair of ear rings i plan on selling on my etsy (have 3 other pair that look different to this). They are green mother of pearl. GORGEOUS...simple but elegant, I dont really like those over the top beaded ear rings..look like something a kid should wear.



What do you all think? I like them..hoping someone else does enough to but them..The ear-ring pieces is surgical steal. If you are intersted let me know and I will list them as a reserved item on my etsy for you (let me know your etsy name)...The pic is a bit dark..have to take one in better light (thats why they arent listed yet).

Okies folks. Hope you all had a great weekend! Catch you later. Happy knitting

Katt

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 10:36 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    You really are back into the swing of things and there are babies everywhere!!! That Merino Bambino is so lovely!!

     
  • At 2:00 am, Blogger Bugsy said…

    ohhh the earrings are lovely - as you said, very elegant but lovely.

    I don't know how you can knit so fast - I started one item for Alex days ago and I am still on the same item. Do your needles smoke?

     
  • At 9:27 am, Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said…

    Wow...lovely earrings.

     
  • At 1:31 pm, Blogger Sandra said…

    Sounds like you're knitting up a storm! The earrings are fantastic (love green!).

     
  • At 6:01 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    Hi Katt! Tilly's got her socks and boots - they're gorgeous!! She's already worn the socks and when she goes out on a play date next I'll be able to put on the shoes as well. I don't think she'll wear the soles out, though ; )

    Could you let me know what the socks are knit from so I know how to wash them?

     
  • At 8:34 am, Blogger sue said…

    It is always nice to knit things for other people's babies isnt it. I cant wait to see what they look like too. The earrings look very pretty and I am sure that they will be snatched up in no time at all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |