Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Thursday, 21 June 2007

Listings and things

I am up to the sleeves on Rachelle's jumper. I have been on the sleeves for several days, and I haven't finished them. I just haven't been working on them as much as I should be. Lazy I know. I just haven't been in the mood to knit it. I finished the front and back in like 3 days and now have stalled on the sleeves. I best get back to it otherwise it will never get finished and I will never get Harley's started. These (both the girls ones) will be the biggest jumpers I have ever knitted.

I am also knitting a baby beanie for SIL's new baby..Yes..I still haven't sent the jumper off. I have gotten an jumper and a beanie for the eldest child (Z) that I have knitted and now I am knitting a beanie for baby G to they have a little outfit. I honestly don't care if she never puts them on the girls. I will just know that I have given them something and that she will have no reason to b!tc# (which I bet she is since she hast received anything yet). And to just be annoying I have included a little book for Z with a CD that plays songs (like If you're happy and you know it)...something nice and loud that I hope annoys mummy...(its a revenge thing for a gift she gave Harl when Shell was a baby).

Yesterday at KMart I picked up an inline skate set for the girls each! I was amazed to see they were down to $40 from about $70-$80 (can't remember which it was). The set comes with elbow pads, knee pads, wrist guards, skate helmet at plastic inline skates and 4 little cones to skate around. The girls are currently skating around my house practicing cos they aren't very good at it! They love it. They are Elmo ones too to make it better!

I have listed more things over on my Etsy shop for anyone who is interested. More wool that is. I am yet to list knitwear over there. I have to get some good piccies of some beanies I have and list those. I will have to work out what else to list later on. I have a newsboy cap that is done in GORGEOUS soft Tassie wool in a lovely Khaki colour.

I have about 7 different colourways up for grabs so go have a lookie loo and see if there is anything you are interested in and get it while its available. I have another skein I am debating whether or not to list. I really like it, at lot. So I want to keep it!!! Here is a piccie of it...

Its very Army Fatigue in colour (click it to make it bigger)..It was a miss-dye but I love it heaps! And doubt I will be able to dye something like it again. And after having to let go of the last lot that look fatigue colouring I don't think I can bring myself to let go of this lot.

And I now have Skype!!! So if anyone else out there has it and wants to chat..just email me and I can add you (or I can give you the info to add me or something! lol). I want to be able to use it.

The little hand mittens/gloves I did the girls is a pattern I did myself. I am planning (if I ever get time) to type it up and make it available for others. I will need some test knitters for it once I do get it typed up. its just going to be hard to work out parts that I just whacked them onto my girls to get the corrct measurements for..I might have to knit another pair to get the measurements for...

I laughed at Kate's comment asking me if my needles catch fire! lol. Most those things in my list Kate just needed finishing up. Only Rachelle's mitten/gloves and baby G's jumper were started and finished all in the half a month span.

Okies folks! I am off now. Knitting to do..kids to chase down. Happy knitting all and have a great weekend!

Katt

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

  • At 10:54 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    The Army Fatigue colourway is fantastic and you should KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF because you will be sad if it goes away!! I haven't been doing any knitting AT ALL. What is your cut off for bigness in the girls' jumpers???? Well done with the Etsy. I have done nothing. Isn't the cold weather so great???!!!

     
  • At 4:02 pm, Blogger sue said…

    I think the army color looks great and you should keep it for yourself. You might never dye the same color again. Get motivated to knit the sleeves too so then it will be finished and you can start a NEW one. I bought Isabelle some of those skates too, but hers were Dora the Explorer ones with the purple witches hats, and she takes them out to try every now and then, but I think she is still very wobbly on them.

     
  • At 5:35 pm, Anonymous amanda j said…

    I agree! Keep it!

     
  • At 9:23 am, Blogger Kate_knits_a_bit said…

    *smirking*
    You mean I appear to be as fast as you if I just finished the fifty thousand things in different bags all over the house???????? (not happening!)

     
  • At 9:31 am, Blogger Kate_knits_a_bit said…

    Hey Katt, I was just browsing your pretty pretty handdyes - SNAP on the ironing board cover!!! LOL

     
  • At 5:05 pm, Blogger Sue H said…

    If your needles are in danger of catching fire, don't use wooden or bamboo needles. hehe. Seriously, you certainly do seem to be a voracious knitting machine.

     
  • At 12:36 am, Blogger Ragan said…

    You must knit in your sleep too!!! Wow!!!
    :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    KEEP the yarn!

     
  • At 9:01 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    OKay you've been busy while I've been snoozing.
    Army clothing is really cool, atleast that is what we think.

     
  • At 10:40 am, Blogger Bugsy said…

    Ohhh I really love that colorway sort of a very trendy, fashionable army print. I hope you can recreate it.

    Hope your etsy is going well and that you are all feeling better!.

     
  • At 3:19 pm, Blogger Westozcaat said…

    I love it- if you list it I will buy it!!!

    Also just a question is the prices on the etsy shop in aussie dollars or us dollars- i would be interested in the waterlilly colourway (as well as the army)

     
  • At 9:20 am, Blogger Sue H said…

    Sue is right, you DO rock. Yes, keep that fatigue yarn for yourself, you deserve it. Loving those socks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |