Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Sunday, 3 June 2007

Have Done It!!

After some loving nudges from a few people to get my Etsy shop up and running..I have done it.

So all my loving out of Australia readers who have ooooo'd and aaaaah'd over my sock wool. Its now available to you! Go on go lookies!! Please buy!!! lol. I will have more up soon I hope...I have 2 orders to fill in. and while I do those I will dye up some more to list. Including some 8ply (DK)....

My whole plan to get working on the list below was thrown out the window when I got a phone call from the in-law on the 1st of June saying that Adam's sister had had her baby..I knew she was having it THIS month..but who on earth picks the first day of winter to have her voluntary c-section!?!?

So I have been madly working on a baby jumper for said newborn neice. I have almost finished it. Got the last of the second sleeve to do, sew it up and do the collar then its done.

Its in 8ply cotton..The In-Law from hell informs me that NO ONE in Queensland wears knitwear (yes..I know she is an idiot and doesnt have a clue)...so I did it out of cotton and will inform the sister-in-law (Y) that it was HER mother that told me otherwise. I get the feeling it wont get worn anyway. Out of the 3 baby jumpers I have made the past month 2 are going to Qld (the other one is pure wool for a little boy) and 1 is going to Western Australia (pure wool for a little boy).

There is no piccies today.

Okies..let me all know what you think of the shop! I am worried/excited to see how this thing goes. I plan to add more wool and some knitwear at a later date when I get organised more.

Happy knitting all!

Katt

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

  • At 5:01 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    Cool - shop looks great! I hope you do very well (although I am sure you will - quality products from a quality person). and I have seen lots of people in QLD wearing knitwear - what else are they supposed to wear? Are they all rainforest hippies wearing hemp? I think cotton is perfect. I hope you take piccies when it is finished!

    p.s. Did you go where I told you to go? (please people it was a nice place I told her to go lol). I will be asking again young lady.

     
  • At 5:52 pm, Anonymous Maria Palma said…

    Congrats on your Etsy shop! I started selling there last year and only recently have I jumped in and added a bunch of stuff. It's exciting, isn't it?

    Best wishes!

     
  • At 7:03 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    Congratulations Katt! Well done on the Etsy shop, it looks fabulous. I will add you to my favourite sellers.

     
  • At 10:06 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Very exciting about the shop. It looks great!! Congratulations.

     
  • At 10:20 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    How exciting, we are all jumping up and down with excitement and your shop is Luverly!!!!! Well done you entrepreneur, you!!! At least everyone will remember the baby's birthday - and they do wear knitted things in Qld, my cousin lives there and her 5yo daughter does!!!

     
  • At 10:39 pm, Blogger Nathalie said…

    well done Katt! great effort, look forward to seeing some more great yarn there soon!

     
  • At 10:40 pm, Blogger Nathalie said…

    and people in Queensland do so wear knitwear! At least, there are the 4 of us...

     
  • At 10:15 am, Blogger sue said…

    I am sure that your wool will sell wonderfully well. Would you like me to mention it on my blog for you too. I too have to make something for my cousin's new baby who decided to arrive on Friday night. I thought it was at the end of the month, but have been informed that she wont need anything new made because she will have her big sister's knitting outfits to wear. I am sure I will be able to sew her something instead, or perhaps make a new hat. Good luck with the cotton knitting, cant wait to see how cute it looks too.

     
  • At 8:06 pm, Blogger Helen said…

    Congratulations Katt on your Etsy store, I wish you lots of success with it. Your colours are lovely and I am sure you will do well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |