Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Tuesday, 5 June 2007

Babies Babies everywhere!

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments on my Etsy shop! I will have to dye up more wool and get it on there real soon so I have some variety!

I already have 5 people have me as listed as favourite shop! That is so excellent! I feel spesh! Even better that I dont know some of them (one thing when its your friends...complete nother story when its a total stranger, who must have you as a fave cos they like your products)...

As the title says there is babies everywhere that I have been knitting for!

In the past monthish I have knitted 3 of my fave baby raglan jumpers! I do adore these jumpers, they are such quick knits! I can get them churned out (if I have nothing else to do) in about 3-4 days.

Also good girl that I am I have finished 2 things of my "need to be done by mid June" list! So lets relook at the list before I show off some piccies!

  1. My secret knitting for a pregnant friend (now I know 4 pregnant people so I want to get through this thing so I can cast on for others) DONE!!!!!!

  2. Pair of socks for Harley

  3. Handwarmers for Harley
  4. Beanie for a toddler (pressie) DONE!!!!
  5. My secret sock that I was meant to get finished before winter (I only have a few days!!! Its not going to get done...You can all spank me now. Line up..One turn each person)
  6. Secret knitting (this is like 3 things all the same but none finished)
  7. Socks for Adam (8ply ones)

Ok so the two things that are finished didnt have much left to do..But that doesnt matter! They are done! And considering I had plans on finishing up 3 things over the weekend (before I had to do the baby jumper) I got 2 of those three things done AND the baby jumper.


First piccie is the jumper that I did for my motoGP friend. For his son baby L. The sleeves are a slightly darker shade of green then the rest of the body, all hand dyed by me.


And now the cotton jumper I made for the SIL baby girl G...This will fit G in late winter and hopefully (assuming she doesnt get as FAT as her older sister did) all the way through spring. I SO love this little jumper. Though I am slightly worried about sending it off..Can anyone suggest a polite way for me to tell SIL that if she has NO PLANS on using it then to bloody send it back so I can give it to someone who will?!?!?


And lastly! I love these..If someone had told me that I would have loved this sort of thing as much as I do I would have laughed at them and told them they were nuts! THIS is one of the secret things I am knitting my friend Bugsy for her unborn baby BJ Buggy Butt (yes...its a DJ sounding name, but NOT the baby's real name)...

I created this colourway for baby BJ cos mummy was mean and didnt find out the sex of bub (never easy for a knitter)...so I got creative and created the colourway Buggy...And made these..I love them (I am NOT a knitted pants lover..but these..I wish I had made my girls some)...

BJ Buggy Butt's mummy is like a big sister to me. I love her dearly. And I hope she loves the little pants I made her weeeee one (and I cant wait to see them on after bub is born in Aug!)...

Okies thats all for me..Piccie filled post and all! Looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks of all the knitting! It shows that mostly, I prefer babies in BRIGHT then pastal! lol

Happy knitting all!

Katt

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 3:01 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    Well! Baby J aka buggy butt is kicking the desk in excitement. We love them! I really really really wanted some knitted pants for buggy butt and got a few patterns out but never made any. They are gorgeous. I adore the colors (buggy was always a great colorway dear Katt), and they are going to get so much use. oooooooo so perfect! I want to rub them over my belly so buggy butt can get close enough to snuggle into them!

    Lovely lovely lovely my dear little sis. I can't wait to put newborn buggy butt in them! yay! I feel so absolutely blessed.

     
  • At 3:53 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Those pants are so tiny, I can't believe how tiny and so cute!! Well done on the crossing off of the list. How special are you?? Favourite shop?? Very cool!!!!

     
  • At 6:05 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    Katt those pants are delightful!! Where did the pattern come from? I think I should make some for my friend with your yarn!!

    Well done on the etsy stuff. You deserve the favouritism. You may have found yourself a new career. Have you considered putting up your stitch markers??

     
  • At 6:54 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    I love , lurve, LOVE the cotton raglan. I guess I'd just not bother with surprising the SIL. I'd email/send her the photo of it and ask her outright whether she'd like it for her baby girl and assure her that, if she doesn't, it will go to a good home. At the rate the fertility mojo is going, you're bound to have another baby in the S'n'B before too long! (And Buggy Butt may be a girl, too!)

    Still can't get enough of gazing at those pants!

     
  • At 1:54 am, Blogger Karen said…

    Ooooh, it's all so cute. I think my fave is the sweater for baby G. I hope her mother dresses her in it a lot!!

     
  • At 2:00 am, Blogger Penni said…

    Cute stuff! I love the pants and your SIL would be crazy not to love that raglan jumper it's gorgeous! I like Kate's idea of emailing her to see if she'd like it.

     
  • At 9:05 am, Blogger sue said…

    I really like those buggy pants, they are so cute and adorable. The baby jumpers are so cute as well, and I am sure the mum will put it on her daughter. Only knit for people who appreciate it you know. I am so glad that your sock yarn is selling well too, many congrats.

     
  • At 5:47 am, Blogger Ragan said…

    Ooooooo....baby stuff! Lovely!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |