Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Friday, 8 June 2007

Achievements

Wooohooo!!! Guess what? I sold my first thing on Etsy! It was my skein of Girl Denim! I am sooo happy that I have been able to sell something! And it worked (my great fear of paypal not working ended up being just that, a fear! There was no problems when the person paid).

I am very happy! And now have to get the item all pretty and in the mail for the person! And its my first sale to out of Australia too!

Can you tell I am very happy about this? lol. I have to dye up some more wool to put up on the site. I have almost filled two orders I have so thats great..So those of you who have orders with me..Know that I am veeeeery close to getting them done (just gotta dye up 3 more skeins, get them all dry and remix to make em pretty).

Also! I have finished one more thing on the list! And have decided that since I did a WHOLE cotton baby jumper that WASNT on the list (taking time away from the list items to get them done by mid June), I am going to take something off the list and replace it with the jumper (its only fair).
So here is the list again and then the piccie of the finished object will follow.

  1. My secret knitting for a pregnant friend (now I know 4 pregnant people so I want to get through this thing so I can cast on for others) DONE!!!!!!
  2. Pair of socks for Harley DONE!!!
  3. Handwarmers for Harley
  4. Beanie for a toddler (pressie) DONE!!!!
  5. My secret sock that I was meant to get finished before winter (I only have a few days!!! Its not going to get done...You can all spank me now. Line up..One turn each person)
  6. Cotton baby jumper for new neice DONE!!!! (replaced old item since it took time away meaning I am probably not going to make former 6th item finished in time).
  7. Socks for Adam (8ply ones)

And now here is the piccie of the finished item (Harley's socks). Now note..she is wearing stockings under the socks cos the socks we just put on to take a piccie of them then whipped back off...she is NOT wearing socks over stockings (she is wearing socks UNDER stockings though I found)...


Regia clown wool. My childs version of the Dublin Bay socks (if you are interested in the pattern email me for it).

So now I have 3 things no my list to finish. I am hoping to get Harley's handwarmers done today, then I have to cast on Rachelle's pair straight away though (cos I want the girls to have them when they go back to school). I think I am doing well for my mid June goal. What do you all think?

I went up the Waverley Woollen Mills today and picked up some of their wool to make the girls a jumper each for winter. I think after I get the mid june list done that will be my next goal, a jumper each for the girls.

Okies. I am heading off now! Take care all, have a great weekend and happy knitting!

Katt

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

  • At 4:13 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Congratulations!! How fantastic!!!!
    Lovely Clown socks too!!

     
  • At 4:42 pm, Anonymous amanda j said…

    Well done Katt! Paypal is so easy!! When you get more up, you know who might buy some? Well, me of course!!

    Gorgeous socks and happy knitting!

     
  • At 11:41 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 11:45 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    WooHoo!! Congrats on your Etsy sale, the first of many I am sure. It is such a great feeling to see that items sold counter move from 0.

    Does this mean that I don't have to buy a crumpled piece of paper from you?

     
  • At 3:20 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    Well done you! Lots of achievements : ) I'm glad Etsy and PayPal are working well for yu. Does this mean that your PayPal account can now feed your yarn addiction?

    When I was in high school we always wore socks over our tights in winter; it was warmer!

     
  • At 8:04 pm, Blogger Kate_knits_a_bit said…

    #1 Excellent socks!
    #2 Congrats on successful market infiltration!
    #3 Baby jumpers are very cute!
    #4 Lists were meant to be conquered!!
    #5 I've been catching my hubby clicking through the links on other knitblogs, not just mine - maybe he won't want to guest-blog if he can comment instead???

     
  • At 10:58 pm, Anonymous Chris H said…

    Congrats on the sale and on the completed item! I take it htat you'replease with your Etsy site? We're considering one for my son's jewelry fundraising...

    Oh, and I just LOVE the socks!

     
  • At 5:47 am, Blogger Ragan said…

    Congrats! And, love those socks for Harley!

     
  • At 9:44 am, Blogger sue said…

    Congratulations on your first sale, and I am sure there will be many many more too. I see the list is getting shorter. I am so glad I dont have a list, it might make me stress too much.

     
  • At 10:25 am, Blogger Sue H said…

    Love the lace detail on Harley's socks. Would love the pattern for adults as well as childrens sizes.
    Congrats on selling your first item at Etsy.
    BIG congrats on getting so many of your unfinished items finished. You are doing well, but sad that you have removed (or changed) #6. Can the secret knitting still be finished belatedly or is it kaput now because you didn't get it finished on time?

     
  • At 8:49 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Your socks look nice, those little pants are mega bright and very cute.

     
  • At 9:49 am, Blogger Bugsy said…

    Yay! Etsy achievements! Whoo hoo. The first of many, I am sure. I love the socks and your modified dublin bay sock pattern looks great in those colors. I wonder if Harls will ever take them off? I probably wouldn't if my mum knitted them for me. Take care hun and put more things on etsy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |