Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Sunday, 13 May 2007

Happy Mothers Day all!!!

Hope all the mums and mums to be (and mums of furbabies) are having a great mothers day out there!

Well. I have listed more wool over at the
SITE..so go over and see! Never know there might be something you might like. There is still few further down too yet to be sold (like Pitter and Self Striping Girl Denim)..I am considering also adding these to my Etsy shop (that has nothing on it) and see how I go there.

Okies lets have a SMALL rehash from my last blog post!

Remember my friend who was DUE ANY DAY NOW with her 4th child (and her first son?) weeeeeell..Guess who popped mid day that I put that post up?!?! lol..So baby is here..And today I finished my jumper for him..What do you all think? Included a close up so you can try and see that main green. Its gorgeous and flecky.



Okies and onto my Superbike tickets! I got them the day after the last post. Which is all well and good..BUUUUT...Guess what news I got last night?!?! How many of you remember THIS post from last year?

Where the one and only person Adam and I went to watch race..Crashed in Qualifying 1 and did himself in for the whole season...Well..he topped it this year!! This week the Aussie Superbikes were down here in Tassie testing for next weekends race..And Krusty did it again!! He freaken crashed..Season over..And from the rumours going around on forums of people who know him and have chatted to him on the phone (while he is stuck in the local, just 5 minutes away from me, hospital) his career is over too (he is considering retiring)...His injury tally for this time around? Well here is what his wife posted on one of the forums he is a mod at

"Hey All, It's Nikki (Krusty's wife), Just thought I'd let you know that Adams out of surgery and he's doing fine, he has had both his legs plated, he has broken/smashed his Tibia in one leg and his Fibula in the other. His hip has been put back in place and his collarbone should heal on its own. Not to sure when he will be released from hospital although he is hoping to be home by mid next week"

Ouch OUCH and DOUBLE OUCH!!!!! He did himself in worse this year then last..So no Krusty next weekend! SIGH...I am so gonna pick another racer to follow!! We in Tassie dont hate him...REALLY we dont!! Its the track!! From what I have read he hit a wall..there is only the wall on the straight that I can think of (and thats after a corner so he wouldnt have full speed!!)!!

Okies folks! Take care..Happy knitting..Happy mothers day!! and i know I have more piccies to post and I might get it it one day..you never know! lol

And for those of you who made guesses on the stealth knitting I posted piccies of last time? None of you got any guesses right!! lol

Katt

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

  • At 2:52 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    mznoi
    The Furbabies and I thank you!! Your wool is beautiful and the jumper is so cute, extra cute as it is green!!!

     
  • At 4:56 pm, Blogger Penni said…

    Happy Mothers' Day Katt!

    I love the baby jumper, such gorgeous colours.

    Sorry to hear about your guy. Hope whoever else you decide to follow does well.

     
  • At 5:14 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    Happy Mother's Day to you! And what a gorgeous little jumper! Bubs will look very chic in it.

    Motorbikes = ouch!!! Don't get me wrong, I love being pillion but I've seen soooo many nasty injuries from m/b stacks when I was an emerg. nurse.

     
  • At 10:10 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Happy Mother's Day!!! Hope you have a great one. Cute little sweater. :)

     
  • At 5:57 am, Blogger kaoticorchid said…

    That sounds really painful! The sweater is gorgeous, though (love green :) ) and congratulations to your friend!

     
  • At 11:08 am, Blogger Kylie said…

    Hey Happy Mothers Day!!!
    I have really missed your blog glad to see everything is going well.Sorry to hear about your rider what a horrible way to end your career.

    I am sure you we're glued to your seat last night. What a great last lap.I went to bed after the first race.It was a long day :)

     
  • At 12:23 pm, Blogger sue said…

    Love the sweater, so gorgeous and the colors are wonderful. Now I must pop on over and see what new colors you have created in your yarn, always a dangerous venture for the bank account.

     
  • At 5:32 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    The jumper looks great, nice and warm too.

    We saw the motorcross stunt riders at the Easter show. The tricks they do are soo dangerours.

     
  • At 11:37 am, Blogger Susan said…

    Happy belated mothers day to you, hope you had as good a day as I did...b/fast with my family then off to the footy to see my team win, then a nice relaxing evening in front of the telly.
    Love the jumper.
    BTW, you're tagged. You can see what for on my blog.

     
  • At 11:57 am, Anonymous Michelle said…

    wow. that jumper is really really cute!! i have a friend who's baby boy is due this june. i have no idea what to knit and i currently have to wips too!! ahh!! i need more time!!

     
  • At 7:42 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    OK, I'm ROFLing here. YOU can't finish a scarf but you can do a dozen hats of the same pattern?!?

     
  • At 2:35 pm, Blogger Kate_knits_a_bit said…

    Happy Mother's Day!! (only 2 weeks late:> )
    My friend's son is training with the Krusty Demons - gives me the shivers thinking of how badly they can injure themselves, despite the enormous attention they pay to safety issues.
    ps cute knitting :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |