Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Friday, 4 May 2007

Cold, Bold and two smoking needles

Hello folks!

Thank you to everyone who left lovely comments in my last post! I wasnt after everyone wishing me a happy birthday..But I am glad everyone did (those who forgot were people in my life who I can touch...feel...whack up the back of the head)....

I have a cold currently..I blame my youngest..She had the snotty nose first. And took it upon herself to sneeze everywhere (and lets not forget to blow all over the freshly cooked muffins with her germy breath to cool them down for everyone!!!)...

I have been knitting....lots..buuuuut...no piccies..The weather here has been cloudy and sometimes (like the last 3 days) with lots of rain (and YES I am a very happy girl!! I LOVE rain)...

I have finished one of my stealth knitting too! VERY proud of it..love it to pieces...Would love to show you all..but ya know for the stealth factor!!

Almost finished another stealth knitting project (dont all this stealth knitting make for GREAT blogging?)...

I handed off the stuff to the landlords son (who I will call D) the other week..He LOVES them!! and his daughter J (all of 15mths) carries the teddy everywhere and sleeps with it! I am so happy!! His step daughter R LOVES her newsboy cap and even wears it under her pushbike helmet!! And the beanie and socks are great on the little mister F...And I dont have to worry about if they are caring for them..I was told today by D that his missus is HANDWASHING baby F's stuff (and if needed,which he hopes it doesnt, little miss J's teddy)...I am now making a hat for his daughter..After all R and F have headwear from me! Its getting bloody cold down here! So why should little J miss out? Plus D made semi hints today I think..commenting on the headwear a LOT when collecting the rent! His missus sort of knits so he says..but not very often (or well) cos she gets really cranky when she drops a stitch (which I get the opinion is often)..He asked me how long I have been knitting (about 20years)...and that the stitches looked hard to do (the cable) in R's hat...He knew his stuff! lol

I will have to take piccies of the best bits of my birthday pressies and show you all. I STILL havent got all of them yet...Have yet to see a few people..

As for mothers day..Hands up who is ready? Nope me neither...Though I have the BIL almost ready...And dont ask me how I have organised HERS before anyone else..Mind you she is up to something..she is being WAY too nice of late..and she is NEVER nice unless it benifits her..So I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop there....

I am still yet to take a piccie of one of the best things I have gotten this year! And it was so worth the wait! And it is perfect..and I love every bit of it. But that will come with piccies in the next post I promise! Do you think you can all wait until then?

Also I have almost finished designing a pattern. When said pattern is complete..I will send it out to my darling test knitters (I have two..I might need a third)...and then I will let you all have a little contest in working out a great name for it (the winner will get the pattern kit from me, that I am planning on selling)...Sound exciting?

Okies. I am offski..Tired..and thinking about going to bed (yes..I know...at 9:40pm!!)...

Happy knitting

Katt

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 6:02 am, Blogger Karen said…

    Whew, you sure have been BUSY!! You know, with all the stealth knitting and gifts for the landlords family, couldn't some of it count for your Holiday Headstart?? You can count all of the landlord stuff as very early Christmas gifts!! :)

     
  • At 1:20 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    We have half colds too! Very tired and low. Can't wait to see your pictures!

     
  • At 12:12 am, Blogger Sue H said…

    Looking forward to seeing all your lovely piccies. It's nice to know someone has been busy, I've been rather slack lately.

     
  • At 8:57 am, Blogger sue said…

    I think there have been too many germs flying around lately. I seemed to have yet another tummy bug last night (all gone now), and between that and colds and head lice, ugh I think I have had enough for the year. I cant wait to see your pics too, and the kit as well.

     
  • At 5:03 pm, Blogger Serena said…

    Hey Katt, thanks for stopping by Moozings - I thought I'd pay you a return visit! There must be something in the winds, I'm struck down with the dreaded lurgy myself - good (but snotty) knitting/blogging time though! How gorgeous is your knitted teddy - he's so cute! Looking forward to seeing the stealth projects... or does that defeat the purpose of stealth? :o) Get well soon!

     
  • At 8:03 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    So, we're getting the car. Thanks for your thoughts, although the hospital is 10 minutes stagger, er walk, up the road. I kept saying to mum that it would be good to walk there given that you're generally supposed to walk around during the first stage of labour! Still some reservations about the decision but yesterday it took me 30 mins to do a walk that usually takes me 15 tops. Decision made!

    You have certainly been the knitting fiend despite the cold (sympathetic hug). Is the gifts to the landlords to ensure that you don't have to move? Might be a good trick for Jejune, too!

     
  • At 12:29 am, Blogger Procrastiknitter said…

    CAn't wait to "see" what you've been up to! Sounds all secret and mystical! Very cool!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |