Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Monday, 2 April 2007

You can leave your hat on

Still having semi problems with Blogger. Do you know how bad it is when you have to clean out your cache (thanks for the suggestion Lynne)...defrag your whole computer and then run a FULL virus check..Then hope it works? Thing is..99% of the time it does!! And I don't know WHY! but I am really getting sick of it.

Wool...Available to buy...Now...Go HERE...Pretty colours! Only available to Aussie for sale (but will swap with people outside of Australia for sock wool, or even sugar and cream that I cant get here). I also take orders (if there is a regular range colour you don't see there but want..order it)! And I am willing to try new colourways for people (and you will get to name them). Also if you order 6 skeins or more, Postage is FREE (in Aus only. There is a limit of how many skeins I will swap to overseas at the moment since I have to take the postage there too)! How is that for a great offer! Will be listing some of my semi-precious stitch markers I made ages ago too soon.


Been doing some knitting (read LOTS)...After doing that gorgeous hat last time (that was piccied last post)..I have now done...wait for it....ELEVEN of them!! Yes you heard me right!! And so you don't get sick of seeing lots of piccies (I did two in the same wool as the last one so there is that one in the last post, in that size and a 2yo size) and the ones to follow (I stuck them all together for you). And yes...Rachelle got sick of the piccies by the end! They were taken this morn. Only 1 was taken yesterday with Harley before my batteries went flat.






I have listed in the piccies what wool was used for them. And yes some are HUGE on Shelly. But they are for older kids/young adults. the denim pink and denim blue ones don't have a brim and they wont. I like them the way they are. The hand dyed hand spun ones are for the girls. The rest..are going elsewhere...

Also I have finished something for me..I think I mentioned it last post? Well here is a piccie for you (not a GOOD piccie granted..But a piccie all the same). Its my GORGEOUS STR socks!! They are also my Lucky socks!! I have worn them twice at bowling and done well! I love them!! I loooove them!!!


Last night SBK was on..Another bad race for racing fans (well..Aussie ones)..one of the guys I follow fell hard...and from the sounds of it has lost some of his little finger on the right hand (good thing he is left handed..but its still gonna cause problems with riding). A few weeks ago in Moto one of the guys Adam follows fell hard and did himself some serious damage. But he is coming out if it (out of his coma, no brain damage, needs surgery on his face though still).. Its been a BAD year for bike fans you so far, and its only just started!..I am hoping no one dies before the end of it.

Ahem..I mentioned last post how I got something in the mail and I don't know where the person got my address from..I feel very toolish now (crossed between foolish and a tool) cos..guess what..I GAVE her my address when I contacted her! Man my memory has been shot the past few weeks..lack of sleep and all....It was Donyale..She sent me some gorgeous fleeeeeeeeeece!! in white..I got it through the fantastic Good Yarn Karma! Go...Look..Feel the love...Share the love!!

Rachelle spent Monday night in Hospital (missed her first school excursion Tueday cos of it). Bad case of croup. Then Saturday she was sick vomiting all day! Seems to be good again now (except for a snotty nose).

Okies..I am offski..Knitting to do.. Food to eat (been up for hours still not had breakfast)...

Take care and happy knitting!

Katt

Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

  • At 11:28 am, Blogger Dandy said…

    holy smokers... I didn't think you'd ever make anythig for yourself...lol.... they look great!!!

     
  • At 11:41 am, Blogger Kate_knits_a_bit said…

    Hey Katt, you were so quick, I hadn't even finished all of this morning's posts!!
    Check my Hot Stuff Sheep - wait till your kids see that one - I have to swat fingers off whenever it is in Nice socks, how do you find the STR yarn? Haven't got my itchy little fingers on any yet - though I certainly have enough to keep me going!
    And the hats are great - I wonder would S like one?
    Have a good 3-day week!

     
  • At 8:46 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    I love your STR socks - they are totally awesome! and 11 hats? Are you not sick of them yet? I still have 1 jumper to finish lol. as always I bow to the knitting master - I am not worthy - I am not worthy

     
  • At 9:34 am, Blogger sue said…

    I love all those hats, what pattern did you use or did you make the pattern yourself. I love all the colors and your girls are so cute. Thank you very much for my lovely stitch markers. I tried to post a good photo of them on my blog but they are hard to take a pic of. People love the yellow yarn too, and the other colors are just gorgeous as well. I hope you get lots of sales because it is all so wonderful.

     
  • At 10:09 am, Blogger Sue H said…

    Love the socks, love the hats, ADORE the yarn. Sadly, my purse is empty till I can get some more work, but I will buy some soon I hope. I really like shades of emerald and amethyst together.

     
  • At 9:43 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    My goodness, you have been one busy girl!! You really cranked out all of those hats. And dyed wool too. And finished some lovely socks that are FINALLY for yourself!!! Good job!

     
  • At 11:50 am, Blogger Kate said…

    LOVE the socks - and the hats - I'm guessing they're for the market stall? I'd love to know why some wool colours are 'never-to-be-repeated'. Is it because you're not quite sure how come the colours ended up that way and you don't know if you can repeat it????

     
  • At 7:38 pm, Blogger Kate_knits_a_bit said…

    Happy Easter Katt!

     
  • At 4:07 pm, Anonymous Katie said…

    Wow you've been knitting a LOT of hats!
    STR socks - lucky you, they look wonderful.

     
  • At 3:00 pm, Blogger Procrastiknitter said…

    Wow, the STR are fabulous! I just wanted to steal them off of your feet from the piccie! LOL. The girls' hats are so cute! Please email me about swapping some yarn, because I'm LOVING your yarn!

     
  • At 3:34 pm, Blogger Kylie said…

    I just LOVE your socks.It's nice to see you making something for yourself.

    How is Rachelle?

    Hope everything is ok.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |