Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Thursday, 19 April 2007

Hectic!!

Can anyone say CRAZY...OMG its been mad around here!!!

Where to start! Well..Firstly Easter...Yep..hectic..Kids got spoilt..Just me or do you almost break the bank getting Easter Eggs as the years go by? Goodness they were costly this year!!


But I suppose I should start the Thursday just before the Easter Weekend started! We get a phone call from Adam's father. Grandma (Adam's Grandmother the girls great grandmother) is in hospital. She had a mini stroke!!!! She stayed there all Easter. She broke out Easter Monday!

Easter was full on, as Easter is with both girls home every day.

THEN, last Thursday (a week ago) Adams mother rings up...Nan (Adams nan...girls Great nan) is in hospital!!!! She had a fall and broker her collarbone and wrist on the right side...SIGH...

Friday we were meant to head down (me as in the girls and me) to HER place for the night so I could get HER present for me for my birthday (which is next Monday, 23rd April)....But since her mother was in hospital she picked us up EARLY Sat morning and we stayed Sat night. Now..most of you know how I feel about HER...And I am getting SO SICK of staying down there by myself with the girls ALONE...Its HIS mother for goodness sakes!! The past THREE times we stayed down there he didnt (WORK is a great excuse)...

Well...Are you wondering what she gave me for my birthday? I am still trying to work out if it was one of the best or the worst pressies. It took 6hrs..Caused a lot of back, shoulder, feet and arm pain (for several days later)....But THIS (below people!!) is what I produced from it...


I still have to finish up the raw edges. But once I get some bias binding on it it will be done (and the wiring thingy that needs to be put on it)...

I have also finished up all the knitting gifties I have made for landlords grandkids (and step grandkid)....Wanna see?


Gift that started it all. Purple cotton teddy bear for 1yo daughter....Then I thought I best cover the rest of em!


So I knitted this for the baby (it will fit him for winter!!)

And so the step daughter doesnt feel left out I made her a "Fruit Loop" version of my ever fave gift hat! I hope she likes it..She is in that Tween stage and I doubt has ever had anything hand knitted before!



I never got to learn to spin during the Easter break like I was hoping to. Maybe another time. I have found someone else I am hoping will teach me. Just have to iron out everything with her first.

I have sold most my wool I have on my other site. I have a few more I have to list though (including 8ply/DK)...Just gotta get em all PUURRDY to show them off to you all. One step closer to opening my Etsy shop too!!

I have something else to show off to you all...But I forgot to take a piccie of it and its too dark now! So next time I promise! And I wont take as long next time either. Lets hope my life isnt so hectic for awhile! lol

Okies best be off..Dessert is ready (choc self saucing pud with custard)..Catch you all later! And Happy knitting!!!

Katt

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

  • At 10:59 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    the hat looks very interesting - did you enjoy the felting though? Not about to run off and do this forever more now?

    I love the teddy, and the baby hat/socks and the girly hat - they will love all of them - i would. you did good girl.

    hope life settles down a little for you!

     
  • At 11:24 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I must admit I was really worried about your birthday present from the MIL, but it is fantastic!! You have all been in the wars though!! I have been showing everyone my special stones!! I carry them in their special bag!!(Perhaps I am a bit special too- I smell the bunny a lot as well!!!)

     
  • At 11:57 pm, Blogger Dandy said…

    Hey Kate, I've been wondering where you've been.. the hat looks awsome!! and all the knits for the landloards kids do too... can you share that hat pattern?? it's so cute, I bet my girls would love one!!sbylngqh

     
  • At 7:59 pm, Blogger shazzy said…

    getting worried where you were, Love the hat, You did that all by yourself? amazing it is. Really nice, I think it was a lovely pressie myself. Dont think my ex MIL ever gave me anything really. Alls good here.
    Enjoy ur weekend

     
  • At 3:02 am, Blogger Noeysmommy said…

    Wow. You've had a time of it! All your knitting looks great! I love your newsboy cap! I keep saying I'm gonna make one for Noey.

     
  • At 8:44 am, Blogger sue said…

    I hope that you family all are better soon, and cross fingers no more disasters. I love that purple teddy, did you have a pattern for it. The other kid's pressies look great too and I am sure they will love them.

     
  • At 9:45 am, Blogger amanda j said…

    Between the two of us, we are just too busy! I am sorry you had such a hectic and unfun Easter - your hat is fantastic!!

     
  • At 7:09 am, Blogger Sue H said…

    That hat made from MIL's pressie looks great, well done.
    I love the other "gifties" too, especially that peaked hat. I'll have to get the pattern for that.
    Your birthday is NEXT Monday, or tomorrow?? If it's tomorrow (23rd) then it's the same day as my beautiful daughter, and my sister. Mine is the day after, 24th. Whenever it is, have a very happy one.

     
  • At 8:28 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    Love the FOs having seen them in the flesh! Why is life so hectic, it is so annoying.

     
  • At 9:51 am, Blogger kaoticorchid said…

    Squee! I love the felted hat-it's gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |