Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Saturday, 3 March 2007

Survived!!

Well..We survived the Broadband installment! It was a bit of hit and miss though! The stupid woman on the phone heard Adam wrong when putting in our info and our password was wrong!! After THAT was corrected...It was no worries.


Latest Magknits is in! Go look...I have a few questions about the Rainy Day Socks...The description says DK weight wool....NOW...Having worked with Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino OFTEN...I am here to tell you its a FIVE ply (to us Aussie) not an 8ply!!! They are gorgeous socks though! Might have to give them a go!

Waiting for the latest Knitty to come too! Its Spring in America now..So will be interesting to see what they have. I am so glad Autumn is here! I am looking forward to all the weather getting lovely and cold here in Australia..Hasn't started YEEEET...But let's hope soon!! lol


Well..I bet you are wondering if the Birthday Cardigan ended up getting by finished today? Well the answer is YES! of course I didn't fail my deadline!!! Did you ever doubt me? Well....did you!?!? lol

The cardigan went down well too! Chloe liked it and more importantly...Demz loves it...She saw the purple in the play room where I keep my wool and pointed to it and went "ooh I like that colour" YEEEES I mentally went! lol

Piccies you ask? Well now you are being demanding! Here is one for you.


And after all that hard knitting on something I wanted to be GONE over a week ago...I cast on a dishcloth last night for some instant gratification. I finished it today. Its new home will be with my mother. And I am going to highly recommend she tries it. I FINALLY gave into my dishcloths I got in my swap last year. One is being used in the kitchen for what its meant to be used for. The other two are going to be used as face cloths for the shower/bath. And here is a piccie of the dishcloth too!



So now my knitting will resort back to some things I have been putting on hold. Designing my sock...Knitting Kerry's things...and actually casting on the second sock of the pair I am knitting myself (and I bet none of you though I would get back to it!!)..There is other Seeeeeeeeecreeeeeeeet knitting I am doing too...shhh don't tell anyone!!


Ragan! I got the parcel arrived and I LOVE it!!! You may notice my mother's dishcloth is from some of the Sugar and Cream you sent me! lol


This weekend is World SuperBike weekend! And they are in AUSTRALIA!!! Man one year I will make it up there to see them at Phillip Island! Them...and MotoGP..... Looks like my boys that I follow are going to do well..They are all in the front 2 rows of the grid tomorrow! YAY


Okies folks! I am off. I plan on sitting back and doing some relaxing knitting..Not sure what yet but hey...I neeeeeeeed to do something that isn't in HOT demand at the moment like the past 6 things have been!!


Happy knitting all!


Katt

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 6:36 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Lovely purpleness!!! Was there ever any question you would finish?? I don't think so!!! Yes, I'm waiting for Knitty too, we both wrote about Knitty and MagKnits!! Snap!!! I was thinking that the DK was a bit strange too.
    I have seen the weather forecast: 24, 21, 21 and 24 over the next 4 days, and rain too!! Lucky Hobart is having 7!! How cool is that??!! I am glad The Broadband is all sorted out now!!!

     
  • At 9:19 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    Glad to have you back. There will be no stopping you now with the speedy connections!

    That is a gorgeous cardi on a gorgeous girl.

     
  • At 1:54 am, Blogger Ragan said…

    Hurray! Ok, so THREE MONTHS LATER the package finally shows up! Phew!!! I was getting ready to consider it a total loss!!! Glad you liked the cotton...my kiddies picked all of that out for you. Have a wonderful weekend!

     
  • At 1:57 am, Blogger Karen said…

    Hurray for the Broadband!! Trust me, you will wonder how you ever lived without it. :) The cardi came out great - and I always knew you would meet your deadline.

     
  • At 12:11 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    Lovely! I knew you would finish the cardi too - you have never let any knitting get the better of you. I wish I could be as motivated about the "sleeve from hell". Glad your broadband install went well - I wish ours behaved better than it does.

     
  • At 3:07 pm, Blogger msfortuknit said…

    wow that sweater is adorable! Nice work

     
  • At 5:26 pm, Blogger sue said…

    Love the purple cardigan, it looks great and you finished it on time too. I wish the autumn weather would kick in too, so it would be a lot cooler for more knitting and other things, like going for walks without feeling like you just hopped out of the shower soaking wet. I spied Magknits too the other day, and the socks are pretty.

     
  • At 2:02 am, Blogger Cathy said…

    The cardigan is gorgeous, but not quite as gorgeous as the model! Great picture - I had no doubt you would finish in time :)

     
  • At 5:15 am, Blogger Sue H said…

    Glad to hear the broadband is up and working. Knitting is great, love that cardy.
    As for the weather, I actually had to put a long sleeved shirt on today as it was a bit cool. My son suggested I should close the doors and window if I was cold........what. and then be too warm? Not a chance, I was enjoying the chill of the breeze.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |