Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Friday, 9 March 2007

Stupid Drivers and other things

OMG I swear I saw the worlds most STUPID driver today!!

At about 1:30pm today Adam and I were leaving the supermarket and as we stopped at a traffic light I looked at the driver of the car next to me (only in glancing). I saw her drinking from a can...Wouldn't have thought nothing of it except the can looked a little suss. So I waited....And sure enough the dumb bimbo picked it up again and had another drink.....OF FREAKEN SOUTHERN COMFORT!!!! WHAT sort of a dumb idiot would drink alcohol while driving!?!? And at bloody NOON to make it worse!!!

If I had been thinking I would have jotted down her licence plate and rang the police station to dob her in, hoping they would catch her with at least the can still in the car and alcohol on her breath....
Moto is on this weekend!! The season starts! I have had 2 World Superbike races already, and a few Nascar, Some A1..and 1 V8....BUT now my Moto is starting on Saturday!!! YAY

Knitting has been happening. And happening well. BUT I have no knitting to show you! Its shocking..And not really blog thinking of me that all my knitting is SECRET knitting!! Sigh...Cant show them off until either (A) they are all finished...or (B) they are with their new owners!!

But you don't go away empty handed (or eyeballed I suppose). Here, to show off, is some new dyed sock wool I have for sale...ALL of this is available to the first buyers (out of Aussie people I am willing to swap small batches of my sock wool for something from where you are, on agreement, if you want to email me to work it out).

So without further teasing!! Here they are (only 3 of them at the moment..A few more to make pretty and some still drying).

Eggplant, 100g, sock wool (4ply), 100% wool

Pitter, 100g, sock wool (4ply), 80% wool 20% nylon

Patter, 100g, sock wool (4ply), 80% wool 20% nylon

I would love to thank my sister for thinking of the name Pitter and Patter...She is a CLEVER little cookie!!!! They are for socks....but they are also in baby colours so would be perfect for babies when I do it in the 100% wool lots.

Pitter and Patter actually comes in 2 x 50g balls (not skeins)...But the Eggplant comes in 1 x 100g skein.

Pitter and Patter will be a regular range. You will be able to order it from me. But Eggplant. That is a one of..Didn't end up the colour I actually wanted it!! lol..Might have to play and see if I can recreate it though cos I LOVE it..

Okies..I am off to knit..Thank you to everyone that did/are helping out with the vest hunt for me!! You are all dolls!!!

Happy knitting!! Ciao

Katt

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

  • At 5:07 pm, Blogger Penni said…

    crazy woman! And I thought most of the State's stupid drivers lived in Hobart!

    Which book was it you were looking for? the Sirdar one I got at Tas Wool Supplies in Moonah - it might be worth giving them a call to see if they can buy it mail order. The Debbie Bliss one I got off ebay ages ago.

    So far so good with the knitting, I've nearly finished the back of the jumper (but haven't had much knitting time this week) but I have a long weekend and the bus ride to Launnie and back for a meeting on Tuesday so that should help.

    I love the eggplant yarn.

     
  • At 11:10 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Stupid driver..... Glad you are all safe and sound. The dyed colours are lovely and beautifully named as well!!

     
  • At 1:29 am, Blogger Karen said…

    Oh so beautiful yarn again!! The Eggplant is awesome - you should really think about keeping that colorway.

    Drinking Southern Comfort WHILE DRIVING???? The thought of that just makes me sick.

     
  • At 8:16 am, Blogger Sue H said…

    I've seen that sort of thing here in Melbourne too, and like you it was early.......for me it was about 10:00 on a Sunday morning. A man and a woman in the car, both drinking Beams.

     
  • At 5:30 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    That is absolutely appalling! My goodness me.

    Your yarn is very very very nice! Again!

     
  • At 1:57 pm, Blogger Ragan said…

    It is truly amazing how stupid some people really are. AcK!!! I found some vest patterns for you. I will send some info via email. :) Love your dyed yarns. Beautiful.

     
  • At 8:25 am, Blogger Shoshana said…

    Oh, I wanted to melt for asphalt all crazy, stupid drivers!

    I met a few myself and it is very annoying!

     
  • At 8:25 am, Blogger Shoshana said…

    Oh, I wanted to melt for asphalt all crazy, stupid drivers!

    I met a few myself and it is very annoying!

     
  • At 9:33 am, Blogger sue said…

    Stupid people drinking and driving. I would have written the licence plate down and dobbed her in. What if she hits someone and something horrible happens. Some people just dont care do they what they do to other people. I love the sock colors, just gorgeous.

     
  • At 11:29 am, Blogger Kate said…

    No luck on the vest patterns : ( BTW, I've finished the baby matinee jacket out of the sock wool you sent me. I've posted a picture of the finished product on my blog : )

     
  • At 1:57 pm, Blogger BlackCrow said…

    i despise drink drivers too. However
    since I've been living here in Hobart I have noticed that most guys seem to think it mandatory to take a few 'travelers' with you on long distance trips.
    I've looked at a few vest patterns in some of my vintage books but the photo's of some of the kids just put you off for life! Bit I'll keep looking.
    The egg plant is very tempting!
    Oh and the Denim Girl fingerless mittens are knit with tiny bamboo size 2 needles so that may be why the strips repeat 3 times and or is it becauseI have little wrists?

     
  • At 5:49 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    Aargh - pattern was wrongly attributed! Actually it's the cover pattern in the now linked Panda pattern. Having said that, I'm pretty sure this is a 'standard' pattern which long-time knitters would probably be able to execute blindfolded!

     
  • At 7:28 pm, Anonymous kathrynthorne@hotmail.com said…

    That's hilarious! I must admit to not liking Panda products that much(yarn or patterns) but this book has some really gorgeous knits in it. I've knitted a couple of things from it and they all come out beautifully. For my bubs, I'll use the Autumn Leaves yarn you sent me knit the pants on page 8. Teamed up with a white or yellow skivvy, I reckon they'll look gorgeous : )

     
  • At 5:10 pm, Blogger Paisley said…

    the eggplant yarn is really lovely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |