Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Wednesday, 7 March 2007

Need a little help

Hey all!!

The weather has cooled down greatly here! Its WONDERFUL! Hell even had to turn the heater on this morning so the girls could get dressed for school and not be cold..Its the only advantage with replacing the old fire with a gas heater. It warms the room up fast, no need to go outside in your dressing gown to get wood and there is no mess!

We are all getting over our different stages of our respective colds (except Rachelle who never got it to begin with).


I have a little request to ask everyone. I am in the need of a pattern (or really a few patterns so I can go through them and pick out the right ones). Children's vests. I have noticed that here in Tassie (so probably all of Australia) they are back on fashion for kids (Pumpkin Patch is doing them!). So I would like to knit a few. But I dont have any patterns.

So if anyone out there has any links to nice ones online (don't want drop shoulder ones), or has any they are willing to either photo copy and snail mail or email to me I would be very happy.
Really hoping good Karma is coming back to me here for helping out Eunice with her wax shop and all! lol.

Some ideas of ones I am after.
  1. Vee neck ones
  2. Zipper front ones
  3. Hooded ones
  4. Round neck ones with perhaps a small stitch pattern
  5. Babies to children aged 10

I have a piccie of one I would like to get (not pattern just piccie) if you have anything like this that you are willing to share I would be very happy..


I also have a little teaser for you all. I have started knitting something else for me. Excuse the little fuzziness of the piccie..and dont fall off your chair cos I said it was for ME (doesnt mean it will get finished any time this side of 2010). I wonder what it is!?!? ;-)


I have been dyeing some more sock wool too! Once I get it all pretty to show off I will be sure to show you all!

Ok my poppits..My girls are off at school (YAY)..Adam and I have the whole day ahead of us before we have to pick them up. Now have to work out what to do...There is nothing interesting in the cinemas.

Catch you all later! Have a great week! And HAPPY KNITTING!

Katt

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

  • At 10:12 am, Blogger Sue H said…

    Try http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTtherocks.html and http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer03/PATTeasybreezy.html Hope they are helpful.

     
  • At 1:37 pm, Blogger shazzy said…

    yup yup I wanna make girls vests too. when this heat here cools down I will get out in my back room and look for some... Most of the ones I have are retro style I think, maybe got some newer ones, as soon as I find I will send you a small package.
    going to sit back in aircon, 42 again today so Im fried.
    Shazzy

     
  • At 4:06 pm, Blogger Lynne said…

    Lucky you - cooled down!
    I bet both of us are glad we don't live in Perth - 42+ over the last three days!
    No help on the vests, but I reckon you are making yourself a sock! (from the stitch size, the fuzziness and the pooling, which I love ;-)

     
  • At 6:22 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    That is Socks that Rock, is it not? I AM SO JEALOUS. SERIOUSLY! Sorry, I should not yell. Hope you guys had a good day! Hoo bloody ray for the cooler weather!

     
  • At 10:13 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh I like that vest, it is bit like my Equine vest. I like vests!! Go vest, da da da da da da!! By the Vest Shop Boys!! I have a bit of a cold too. Isn't the weather cool and lovely? Very nice sneaky new thing!!

     
  • At 3:46 am, Blogger Procrastiknitter said…

    Go visit my blog. I have a post just for you! http://theprocrastiknitter.blogspot.com

    ((HUGS))

     
  • At 3:49 am, Blogger Noeysmommy said…

    Hey Katt! I have a kids vest pattern, top down, fairly plain, but you could jazz it up. Send me an email with your address and I'll send it to you! kbluetje@earthlink.net

     
  • At 12:53 pm, Anonymous Megor said…

    I too have been busy with new woolies, took the pics a few days ago but then the 'net fell over. Will show you them when you're next online!

     
  • At 3:49 pm, Blogger m said…

    Katt I have some trendy vest patterns ..hoods and one very similiar to the picture .
    Email me and i'll send you a pic ..very happy to send the patern

     
  • At 9:46 am, Blogger Kate said…

    Isn't the cool down brilliant! I could actually cuddle my sweetie without gasping for air this morning. Lovely after what seems to have been a 5 month long summer! Speaking of which, You and Adam could just get into some serious cuddling! LOL.

    Hmm, kids vests, huh? I'll have a gander and get back to you....

     
  • At 12:30 pm, Blogger Ragan said…

    I will look for patterns for you. I have lots of them...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |