Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Wednesday, 14 March 2007

More Bits and Pieces

Well..Here I am sitting here in front of you again...Don't worry I am dressed so you can uncover your eyes....

Thought I would include a few more piccies for people (since I know everyone loves piccies).

Knitting has been happening. And happening well...And I have proof!

Went to Spotlight and met Cindy there. She is making me a bag..Its going to be LOVELY...I can't wait!! Will show you when its sorted and done..I am so excited!!!!! (so excited I am over using my exclamation marks).

Anyone who is interested (and I doubt there is anyone)..Casey Stoner (an Aussie 21yo MotoGP rider..who I just so happen to be a mod on his official forum) won his FIRST MotoGP race..and the FIRST MotoGP race in the new 800cc class...


I have had a few requests from people about what little Tara looks like now..Well here is a piccie of him...He is a gorgeous and friendly cat..Even though he has a few habits that drive us past bonkers and tempting us to get rid of him...His favourite habit (not that it annoys me but it hurts a tad) is to sit up on me with his claws making my left shoulder comfortable (as cats do)..he doesn't stick his claws in much (not like Drew) but enough to make it hurt a bit.

And the proof of my knitting. I have been wanting to make vests..This is a jumper pattern that I found online (it was plain I added the picture to it) that I thought I would just remove the sleeves and do ribbing for it and see how it went. Next time I will lower the collar a bit more I think. I also plan on having the skulls lower on the vest too closer to the bottom. I do have a planned owner for it..IF it fits him!! His mother will be VERY pleased if it does I can tell you! It's a size 0 but he still wears that size (he's a skinny boy. I am more worried about it fitting over his head).

What does everyone think of it? I think its gorgeous! And would love to make more..But I don't think it would be many mothers cup of teas (especially since I would plan on selling them through the CWA shop!)..

Pirate Vest for Toddler

And some sock wool I have been dyeing up to sell!! So that's about 5 skeins for sale...and a few more to dye...I also have an order that's mostly done (Sue that order is yours, it's not pictured, just got your Girl Denim to dye up)...

Grace, 100g Sock Wool (80% wool, 20% nylon)

Moody Blues, 100g Sock wool (100% pure wool)

Buggy 100g Sock Wool (100% pure wool)
Buggy is a keeper and isn't going anywhere. I have PLANS for buggy..It was designed and named after a pregnant friend's baby (what we started calling it). In a colourway suited for unisex babies (cos she isn't finding out the sex).
Grace was named after one of my buyers too. Will be interested in hearing what she thinks of it? I have always loved her name..and I love the colourway..Its gorgeous.
I have ALMOST finished my first knitting for me!! Will have it done today. Will get to show it off to you all soon! Just have to show it off to my knitting group next Tuesday first...They might be upset if I don't! lol
Okies I am off to knit! catch you all later! Happy knitting all!!
Katt

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 8:17 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    I love that vest! I would have used it, but then I am a bit like that. I SO need some of that buggy!!

     
  • At 8:58 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    What a piratical vest!! How excellent!! yep, I must wash that material asap!!! I saw your secret knitting!!! It's a ..........!!!!

     
  • At 11:09 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    I think you did a wonderful job on the vest!! I love the skulls - they really give it some zing. Such pretty yarns too. :)

     
  • At 8:02 am, Blogger sue said…

    The pirate vest looks great, and I am sure it will fit okay over his head. It looks roomy enough. I love the new colors of the yarns too, and I have to agree that Buggy is quite eye catching. Make sure you email me with the amount I owe you for the sock yarn and I will deposit it today for you. Cant wait to see all the wonderful colors.

     
  • At 4:18 pm, Blogger blackie said…

    I love the pirate vest! I want one for the children I don't have pfffttt!

     
  • At 5:07 pm, Blogger Sue H said…

    I love your little vest, and it has got me thinking. I know a little girl who would love a little vest like that, but for her it would have Ariel (the little mermaid) on it. I'll have to see if I can get a pattern for Ariel, or see if I can design it myself.

     
  • At 9:06 pm, Blogger Helen said…

    Love the little vest I have a 1o yaer old son and a 27 year old daughter I am sure they would both love it. I love buggy too, gorgeous colours.

     
  • At 11:09 am, Blogger shazzy said…

    Love the vest sooo cute. Thats what Ive been looking for Skye and Brins but I was thinking of the Hot Pink and black wool I have here. I was gunna do a big skull in the centre using the domiknitrix skull. As for vest patterns, Would you believe I found one. I know I had heaps. absolute heaps cause I was looking at em last year thinking bout vests for the girls. Im so over looking now. I found one old one and have been tweaking. I got a funny feeling they were in the books I sold thinking I would never use again . ooops

     
  • At 10:53 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    I love the vest but yeah not everyones cup of tea. More a Richardsons Harley Davidson than CWA he he!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |