Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Wednesday, 14 February 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

So how has everyones Valentine's Day been? Mine has been good.


I have done well today, and Adam has done well today.


Those of you that know me away from this blog know that I have been working for a few weeks on SECRET Valentine Socks for Adam. I couldnt mention it on my blog cos he READS this blog..So I had to keep it secret from most of you.




Yesterday I went out and bought Adam what he thought would be his ONLY Valentine's Day Present..a REALLY nice Rivers Watch. While he was at work last night. I opened up the tin the watch came in. Removed all the padding and replaced the padding with the socks. Put it all back
in the tin, sealed it up..and wrapped it for him for today. So this morning when I handed the wrapped tin over to him and was a tad excited about him opening it he couldnt understand why "I already know what it is" he says..Then he opened it..And was SURPRISED to see the socks in there as well!! He told me I was naughty. That I should have knitted MYSELF a pair of socks instead of knitting him another pair..(I told him I had to finish HIS pair cos I needed those needles for my socks I have to cast the second one on of). So below is Adam's Valentine Socks. They are Lana Grossa Mega Stretch Boot Socks wool. I have to say its gorgeously soft..BUT I HATE how the pattern didnt match up. If you saw the heel you would understand. I had to do a LOT of "cut and pasting" with the second sock to get them to mostly match up!!!! But he likes them..He is wearing them to work now.

So what did YOU get I hear you all ask (well..you probably didnt but tough)..I got 4 little gifties. That I LOOOOVE...

Firstly is this gorgeous little ring. I have been wanting a new ring for my right hand for awhile. So now I have one. And I LOVE it.

Then I got a LOVINBOX. A gorgeous little teddy that has a little note saying "my love, my heart my best friend" isnt that soooo cute!!!


I collect money boxes. So he also got me this GORGEOUS little money box!! Isnt it cute?


And lastly. Those who have been readers for awhile know I am a MAD Moto and Superbike freak!! I LOVE my bikes!!!! So Adam went and got a little bike for me! Of one of my FAVE World Superbikes Riders JAMES TOSELAND (and he is sexy to boot). This is a wee little replica of the bike he rode 2 years ago.



And with this very piccie filled post! I wish you all a happy Valentine's Day. Hope you have happy knitting!

Katt

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 9:00 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    Wow - talk about spoilt. you were both very spoilt, but it is so cute that you are suprising each other like this. Hope you had a lovely day!

     
  • At 9:00 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    p.s. LOVE the socks - the colors are gorgeous!

     
  • At 9:48 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    The Secret Valentine's Day socks are so lovely. They feel so nice, well done with the matching!!! Glad you both had a happy day!!!

     
  • At 11:54 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Happy Valentine's Day!! What wonderful gifties. My husband got secret Valentine's socks too - and he wore them to work this morning!! :)

     
  • At 4:25 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    Oh what gorgeous socks Katt! Adam must have been rapt. I will need to do this for next year! He is a sweety for spoiling you - you deserve it. Did the girls have a good first day back at school?

     
  • At 12:04 pm, Blogger sue said…

    Oh the socks are great. I love your little loving glass teddy too. You certainly were spoilt!

     
  • At 12:36 pm, Blogger Kylie said…

    Someone has been spoilt :) I really like the socks great colour, cute bike although i am more of a Rossi fan ;)

     
  • At 11:47 am, Blogger Cathy said…

    Looks like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day! woooo hoooo what wonderful gifts :)

     
  • At 11:03 am, Blogger Susan said…

    Hmmm, a thought for next year. We have never celebrated Valentines day, not even in the early days........maybe I can start next year with a secret pair of socks for the MOTH(http://qwarkus.typepad.com)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |