Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Tuesday, 30 January 2007

Staying Alive

I live!! We are all mostly over a stomach bug that seems to be going around EVERYWHERE. I know that people here in Australia and in America both seem to be suffering it at the moment.

It put a bit of stress on the birthday knitting. I almost didn't think I would make it. I had to pick between the greater voted and the quicker knitted jumpers (yes I had two on the go) for Christopher's birthday present. I picked the quicker knitted and was glad I did. We fell sick right when I started the sleeves (Friday) and I only got it fully finished last night (that's a LONG time to get 2 size 1-2 sleeves knitted, sew up and a collar done). Today I am finishing up my father's socks then I am fully done (good thing cos my parents come in tomorrow). I see Demz and her kids on Thursday hopefully (assuming they are all healthy again) to give the boys their presents.

Its been a MAD run of parties of late for the girls! Its funny. Harley won't have anymore until about Sept now I bet. She has one more party in Feb to go to and the small just hers and mine party for Demz's boys.

Next up I plan on starting a pair of socks for ME in a Design I am working on myself. Ironing out the ideas and all that in it, then will pass it to my test knitters (I know of one..maybe two)...Then have to think of what to do with it ;-)

Met up with Adams high school best friend today in town (while picking up a few things for the girls for school, they start in a few weeks). Haven't seen said friend for months. He lives in Melbourne. Got to meet his girlfriend and her son too while they were down, pity his ex wouldn't let him bring his son down for the girls to play with.

Might be about to have a run in with an eBay seller too. She demands payment within 3 days. Today is day 2 and I have had to contact her AGAIN cos she still hasn't replied to my request for register post!! I can see by tomorrow I am going to have to pay for it and just leave the cow a neutral...Its not like it will be her first..she has PLENTY of neutrals and negatives (mostly for taking forever to post things that are express post, those don't bother me since i don't want express, I just want REGISTERED!!)... :-S

Okies folks I better go I wont get dads socks done sitting here chatting to you all! Have a great week. Happy knitting and catch you all later.

Katt

17 Comments:

  • At 5:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Hope you're feeling on top of things now.

    Grrrrr eBay can be so frustrating can't it??? Hope things get sorted.

     
  • At 5:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I cannot wait to see what socks you create, how exciting creating your own design. I hope that your family are better soon too, nothing worse than a few bugs here and there lying around to make you feel ill.

     
  • At 5:53 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Glad you're feeling better and managed to meet your knitting deadlines!!! Don't parties come in batches?? I've noticed that too.
    Isn't it so lovely and cool?? I expect it will warm up for school going back. Thank you for the lovely comments on the socks and the needle book thingy!! I was really happy with them both!!

     
  • At 6:56 pm, Anonymous Nora said…

    Hope you feel better soon. x

     
  • At 10:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The jumper has come up nicely.

    The little man should like wearing it.

    Hope you're feeling better.

    Cathy

     
  • At 11:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nothing worse than getting sick when you have a deadline. hope you are able to catch up real soon.

     
  • At 11:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear you made it through the nasty stomach bug. And that you have successfully completed the pile of gift knitting!!!! Hurray for starting some socks for yourself!!

     
  • At 1:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad your feeling better:)

     
  • At 2:18 pm, Anonymous Michelle said…

    Hope you're feeling better now Kate!! Anyway, some ebay sellers are really annoying and we wont know until we buy from them!! hahaha

     
  • At 2:40 pm, Anonymous Little Purl said…

    Hope you're feeling better! Good luck with the eBay seller too.

    Oh, and is this the first pair of socks you'll design?

     
  • At 7:39 am, Blogger Susan Hird said…

    Hope you are feeling much better now.Let me know how the sock design goes........doubt I would ever be able to design a sock, perhaps a scarf, but that would be my limit.
    I thought e-bay payments were meant to be within 7 days, it's a bit rich demanding it in 3, then not even posting straight away. I too would give at least a neutral, probably a negative feedback(www.qwarkus.typepad.com)

     
  • At 1:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Katt, yes thankyou, if you could just let me know how you want me to pay. thanks

     
  • At 1:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Katt. yes thankyou, if you could just let me know how you want me to pay, thanks

     
  • At 1:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know how much you love knitting socks.. I just found this link for pattern...

    http://www.knittychick.com/free_sock_patterns.htm


    should keep your needles busy for awhile

     
  • At 1:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Katt. yes thankyou, if you could just let me know how you want me to pay, thanks

     
  • At 1:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Katt. yes thankyou, if you could just let me know how you want me to pay, thanks

     
  • At 3:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you feel better soon, knitting can be very relaxing.

    Bet you cant wait for the girls to go back to school.

    Be careful with ebay things can get nasty on there. We dont buy things over $50 unless we intend to pick up and pay for it in person.
    Been stung by dodgy sellers b4.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |