Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Saturday, 6 January 2007

Over Half Way!!

Well we are over half way with how many guesses have been made before I add a second (lucky dip) prize...Also over half way on how long you have left to guess!! So come on people!! GUESS!! Get your knitting friends to guess!!! Click HERE!

I have gotten up to the sleeves of the 4yo birthday jumper and cast on the 1yo birthday jumper. Better get my butt moving..Havent done any in 2 days!! Am thinking about casting on my fathers Birthday socks too...The 4yo one ended up being a lot easier then I thought! Shelly has a jumper I have almost finished that she doesnt want (she doesnt want it in BLUE wants it in another colour...Though the gorgeous blue would look great with her eyes)..Sooooo killing 2 birds with one stone I am finishing up a UFO from my list and getting a jumper quickly made for a birthday pressie!!! I am up to the decrease of the Raglan sleeves. So going well. Get that done. Sew it up and to the neckband then I can cross that off...Better get my butt moving though..Not TOOO many weeks left to do it all in (if need be I can just buy my mother something because she has a 4ply pair of socks from me already)..

I spoilt myself after Chrissie and got myself some gorgeous wool from The Knittery...My parents gave me a Skein for Chrissie..Soooo lovely...so I went and got myself another 2 (one being the Cashmerino)...



My Chrissie sock wool from the Knittery from my parents in colourway "Watercolours".

Splurge for me sock wool in "Wonder"

Splurge for me Cashmerino sock wool in Water Lilies (funny how people see the colour water lily differently. Mine is totally different)


All the gorgeous wool costs more then what I sell mine for but hey I got them on sale (still for more)..Lets face it..Sometimes I need to spoil me! lol And there is something about buying sock wool that is hand dyed by someone else.

Speaking of hand dyed sock wool! I am almost ready to list some more for sale!!! I dyed up 16 skeins and 10 of them were SOLD before I even got piccies to show them off...So I have decided to dye up a few more before listing them (get a bit more variety up)...

Anyway my dears! I am offski! Happy knitting!

Katt

4 Comments:

  • At 1:49 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Isn't the cool weather divine. Oh the Watercolours sock wool is so beautiful and you have splurged but the wool is so soft and squishy and lovely!!!
    A bt of knitting reorganisation and you will be all presented up!!
    Your hand dyed wool is beautiful. I love the green of course!! Well done!!!

     
  • At 4:57 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvely yarn.

    Self spoiling is allowed especially when buying yarn.

    Cathy

     
  • At 1:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh yes, you definitely need to spoil yourself too!!! Your new Knittery sock yarn is beautiful. KnittingNatty had turned me on to them and I go over and drool at their yarns often. :) The cashmere sounds especially lovely.

     
  • At 12:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! I just bought some Watercolours too!! Great minds just must think alike. What are you going to make with yours? I am thinking of Rolling Thunder, or maybe Monkey from Knitty.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |