Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Thursday, 11 January 2007

Comp Closed

Well the comp is closed. It never made it to 50 guesses. Only 5 short. Might feel nice and do a lucky dip anyway..You will all have to wait and see! lol

There are 3 people that came in 1 close to the correct answer (2 were 1 short, 1 was 1 to many)...So will later draw one of their names out of the hat to get a winner). I must say most people were up around the correct range for the guess...And to answer every ones questions (which I couldn't do DURING the comp since people had given guesses already and I didn't want to give others advantages)...A pair of socks (even though having 2 casts ons) counted as ONE thing.

So at the end of 2006 I had started and finished EIGHTY (80) things. Not bad really..but not as good as
Cathy! lol

As promised the piccies of the finished jumper for the soon to be 4yo. It will fit him for 2 years. Cos guess what..Not only does it fit Rachelle (pictured) but it JUST fits Harley (who is SEVEN)..So now onto the baby jumper (well size 1). Hoping to get the back of that finished today and started on the front. Or maybe after finishing the back I will work on my fathers sock.




The jumper doesn't count on this years start/finish ratio..since i started it last year..BUT it is one of the jumpers on my list of things to finish!!

And I had my first experience of panic that I would run out of wool before finishing the jumper! I got the wool from an op shop. Claiming it was Patons Totem for $15 and thought I would have enough and that there was 500g..WEEEELL there WASNT 500g..There was only 400..and The pattern called for more...And I was making the pattern longer in both the body and the sleeve for it to last longer....And when I got onto the sleeves I started to panic...BUT I made it..with 35g left! SHEESH...Its gorgeous though! So soft so beautiful in colour. I am just hoping Demz likes it and that it looks good In Isaac...

The jumper for Critterpher is a lot darker. Its a mid green..I think its funny that the big brother gets the sky blue..and the baby gets the darker jumper..Aaaah well...I don't seem to HAVE much pure wool that will suit a boy baby...I have black, grey, navy, pink, purple, fawn, terracotta, mid green, orange and purple (Will have to use the orange and purple together though) and a few others..But NOTHING that suits a baby boy well...sigh..mid green will have to do.

Okies folks! I am offski! Knitting wont do itself! Happy knitting! Will announce the winner of the comp real soon! And the winner will get a skein of my sock wool (and maybe something else).....

Katt

9 Comments:

  • At 12:16 pm, Blogger Little Purl said…

    5 short? Aah!
    Rats...so you've had them as pets? Mice are gorgeous though, but we can't feed them too much fruit/veg at the moment because they get a bit of...an upset tummy.
    80?!! Amazing.
    Beautiful jumper you have there!

     
  • At 12:24 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    The jumper is gorgeous and the model too!! Fancy getting down to the line with 35g!! How lucky is that???!!

     
  • At 4:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gorgeous blue jumper. I cant wait to see the mid green one too.

     
  • At 4:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice jumper. It is way too hot for knitting at the moment. Yes I have booted them all off the puter for a while it is mummys turn now (imagine a Kimmy voice here)he he.

     
  • At 5:14 pm, Anonymous katie said…

    Wow, I knew you knit a lot but - WOW! 80 items & that's counting a pair os socks as 1 item - WOW!!!!

     
  • At 9:25 am, Blogger trek said…

    Cute jumper.

     
  • At 1:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    80 items?!?!?! Wow!

    I love the blue jumper and it's gorgeous model.

    It'd never occurred to me to look for wool at Vinnies - might need to make that my mission for this week.

     
  • At 12:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovely sweater! I love the cables, and the color! I am sure that the green one will be just as lovely!

     
  • At 10:19 am, Blogger Kylie said…

    WOW 80 that's amazing! Love the jumper.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |