Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Tuesday, 26 December 2006

Surviving..

Well looks like I survived the mad rush of having to visit nearly every soul possible! I had a great time though.

Nearly all pressies are at their new homes..Just a few to go and I am done for another year!

The girls got totally spoilt (of course). And I got some good things too!!

Gave Adam's pop his socks today (yes I got them finished! On the 23rd to be exact). He thinks they will be warm, I took this as a good response (though wont be surprised if he never wears them). The BIL got hold of them in a quiet moment and I honestly though that she MIGHT be about to say something NICE about them...But all she said was "they DO look small" (Cos I commented on how I was worried they wouldnt fit, though Adam's pop has small feet and they are only slightly small on Adam who as feet almost 2 sizes bigger). THIS is why she will NEVER be gifted anything knitted from me!

I am gonna spend the remainder of this year hopefully getting a pair of socks knitted for ME!! I am 99% sure I have a pattern picked and 99% sure I have the wool picked...So just have to put them together and hope they compliment each other.

On the way back from visiting Adam's Grandmother and his fathers side of the family we had to head through the Scamander Fire damaged areas. It was shocking! St Mary's Pass was a sight I hope I never have to see again, normally so lush with trees. The views of what was left of houses in Scamander (houses I had been past so many times before) that had burnt. The sight of houses still standing when EVERYTHING around them was burnt, goes to show that it does pay to stay and protect.

Okies folks. I am gonna head off now and pick up some needles. Sit back and relax while the children run wild around the house. Take care all! Have a great New Year if I dont get back before then! Happy knitting

Katt

6 Comments:

  • At 12:48 am, Blogger trek said…

    Some people don't gt it at all - don't stress - knit for yourself instead.

     
  • At 2:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear you lived through all of the holiday stress too! I breathed a huge sigh of relief last night at 7:30. :) Hurrah for knitting socks for YOU - I cast on a pair for myself yesterday morning.

     
  • At 10:49 am, Blogger Bugsy said…

    Well I saw those sock and I thought they were awesome! They totally rocked. I hope you make a nice pair for yourself.

     
  • At 4:56 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Hey Katt, Merry Christmas. Christmas here was crazy, busy, noisy and argueing kids. Oh and I worked most of it.
    Glad to hear you had a nice christmas.

     
  • At 5:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done for surviving! We did too. I am not exactly glad it's over but . . . I too am knitting some socks for me now!

     
  • At 11:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    THe socks above your rainy dayz is socks that rock in the titania way. I will have a pair of socks complete this weekend as well. New bed socks for me for rainy Dayz.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |