Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Thursday, 28 December 2006

Nearing the end and a comp

Well its nearing the end of the year now isn't it? What happened to this year? It's like I blinked and it just vanished! Each year seems to be going faster and faster as I get older. I don't like it!

I have finished up all my charity knitting for this year. I think I have done my soul a load of good....

Would you have thought of putting light pink and dark red together?

Lovely variegated wool and a plain blue mixed together to be warm

I dropped off the last 3 things to Cathy today for the India Charity thing.

I also last night cast on MY pair of socks. If I work hard enough on them (and exclusively) I will get em finished before the New Year..Gonna keep all pattern/yarn info secret until I get it all far enough to show off to you all!


I forgot to take a piccie of the pair of Adam's pop's socks but here is the piccie I took after finishing the single one. Doesn't it look great? Its in my mock sock thingy (a bent coat hanger) so that's why the top looks wide.

Adam has made it into the Poker APL State Championships!! Means he is in for REAL money this time..Its good, only about 100 Tassies out of over 1000 made it in! He did well. I just hope he does well in the finals!

Today I am going to start getting organised all the wool I am going to dye up to sell off..I got like TWENTY skeins to get ready (all sock wool)! YIKES....

Okies. When the New Year rolls in I am gonna have a comp up for you all! So get ready for it!

Happy knitting all! Take care....

Katt

4 Comments:

  • At 7:18 pm, Blogger trek said…

    Good luck, Adam.
    Love the sock, Katt.

     
  • At 8:51 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I know Adam's no joker at Poker!! How cool. Nice Pop sock and lovely girls in beanies!!! It has been cool-ish, so I'm happy-ish. Happy Dyeing!!!

     
  • At 11:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well if i can knit a pair in under a week im sure youll be fine

     
  • At 1:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree 100% - the year just FLEW by!!! I love the hats you made, and your models are wonderful!! Adam's pop's sock is so cool - I never heard of making a sock blocker out of a coat hanger, I have to try that NOW!!! Can't wait to see the sock you are knitting for yourself, and I'm looking forward to the contest! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |