Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Friday, 3 November 2006

Sit down for a Yarn....

Slowly making process through my long list of things. Finished another sock for Kerry..and got another one on needles..So 1 and a bit to go. Not far off starting another top for her too.

Today went and put Chrissie pressies for the girls on lay-by as well as Harley's birthday pressies...Not far over 7 weeks PEOPLE!!! Scare you all now? Now all kids are taken care of..Adults to go!

At my recent knitting group I took along some things that I thought they would like to buy...Funnily enough I came home with a LOT less then what I went with!!! I wonder why? And yes dyed all these myself.



From Left to Right: 100g watermelon coloured sock wool, 100g boysion coloured 8ply (will self stripe if making socks like the Thuja sock), 75g rainbow coloured 8ply and 100g Green Gable coloured sock wool.


Top then Bottom: 50g Blue skies coloured 8ply then 50g Boysion coloured 8ply.


Left then Right: 100g Watermelon coloured 8ply then 50g girl denim coloured sock wool.

And these below are the ones I bought home (sorry about the bad piccie. Took it at night). If anyone is interested in making a swap email me.


Top to bottom (then side): 100g Kid Candy coloured 8ply, 100g Latte coloured 8ply, 100g Boy Blue coloured 8ply, (side) 50g orchid coloured 8ply.

Okies folks! That's all I think! Catch ya all later!!! Oooh I also got my Dishcloth swap dishcloths yesterday!! Will post piccies of them later when its daylight and I can get a good piccie!!

Katt

12 Comments:

  • At 11:10 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    Your yarn colours are beautiful.

    We had a ball on Tuesday at SnB.

    Yarn flying everywhere and most of it for sale.

    Cathy

     
  • At 9:17 am, Blogger Bugsy said…

    they all look good enough to eat! Well done on providing such gorgeous yarns for your SnB group. They sure is spoilt.

    Hope you are finishing that last dreadful sock hehe - take care chicky

     
  • At 10:48 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    OK, we had a 'ball'??!! Very amusing. The wool is just lovely and I love my Green Gables!!! I know, It is now 51 days till Christmas!!! Too soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 5:20 am, Blogger kaoticorchid said…

    That yarn is gorgeous! Lovely colors! I'm glad you got your dishcloth swap dishcloths-I was starting to worry a little bit!

     
  • At 5:05 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    I love your yarn. Nice colours. What is the name on your label?

     
  • At 1:43 am, Blogger Ragan said…

    OMG! I LOVE LOVE your hand-dyed yarn!!! Ok, so I need to check my email. Your yarn is so lovely Katt! Bright colors...ahhh....
    I would love to find a knitting group out here to join. It would be great, and it would be some "mommie time" which I get very little of.

     
  • At 8:59 am, Anonymous Nora said…

    Beautiful colours! x

     
  • At 1:34 pm, Anonymous Michelle said…

    wow!! those yarns that you dyed are gorgeous!! i love the colours!!!

     
  • At 4:17 pm, Blogger shazzy said…

    Omgoddess they are beautiful colours... ... wanna do a koolaid dying 101 course for us all to follow??? huh huh huh lol.

     
  • At 1:03 pm, Blogger BlackCrow said…

    that's it I'm hopping on a bus to Launceston right now!!!
    wow If your going to do a dyeing course let me know and I'll try to get there!!!
    They are the best colour combinations I've seen...fantastic!!

     
  • At 7:36 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    Oooh yeah and I got me some of that there wool ;)

     
  • At 9:38 am, Blogger Katie said…

    Beautiful! Looks like I just lost some business *winks*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |