Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Wednesday, 6 September 2006

This that and maybe more

First off the bat isn't it sad news about Steve Irwin? I so feel for his family and friends. Its also a great loss to Animal Rights. The man was a nutter, he amused me, though had me worried about what the rest of the world thinks of the rest of us Aussies.

Neighbour is STILL pregnant! Poor thing! I hope bub comes soon.

Yesterday was our knitting coven day. I had great fun (though I ran out of yarn before I could finish a freaken sleeve of a jumper!!! And I didn't have anymore with me!). The darling Cindy had gifties for all of us (being as last month was our knitting groups 2 year anniversary)!! So (being as I am feeling lazy today, and its a boogelly day) I have pinched the piccie of my lovely pressie from Cindy's website (hope you don't mind my dear..)..Wait..I WOULD pinch the piccie but when I click on it to make it bigger it takes me to one-skein book thingy instead :( Just go look on her site for it! (click on the second click-able Cindy will take you right to the post).

Over the weekend I knitted Harley a pair of socks. I started them at a party that she went to a macca's Saturday evening (started at 4pm). I got the whole leg done and one row of the heel during the whole party. I have to say I DO NOT like the wool. Its shockingly BRIGHT..It was given to me. But my girls adore it! I got 2 balls (one for each of them). I have used Harley's ball..Rachelle has to wait until my eyes have recovered enough before she gets a pair out of them. I am working on a pair of socks in a much more tame colour for Shell. Cindy saw Harley's socks in real life yesterday so she can agree with how BRIGHT they are. I would post a piccie of it but BLOGGER wont let me! The heel is the same colour pink at the toes. I LOVE how that little feature worked out! Totally unplanned! Look excellent though.

I am excited about this upcoming weekend! Its a Symmons Plains weekend!!!! Aussie Superbikes is on this weekend and we have a 2 day pass (Adam requested the WHOLE weekend off..we are just gonna have to wait for the backlash of that. His work always punishes him when he requests days off). I am worried about the girls being there. I can see they will drive us BATTY!! Have to be there before 9am (that's when they hit the track) and who knows when it ends! Two full days!! I can see the batteries for the leapsters will have to be charged, colouring books and pencils the ready..and I am tempted to look into if we can get the bloody portable dvd player to work on its battery (it hasn't yet)...

Okies my dears! I will be offski! Will look into getting some piccies on here soon if blogger lets me! Take care and happy knitting!!!!

Katt

4 Comments:

  • At 12:02 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh yes, the socks are fluorescently bright. In fact if there was a power cut she could take off her shoes and you could all read by the socks' glow!! They are undeniably cute, but BRIGHT!!

     
  • At 2:23 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    Were we spoilt or what? Cindy makes life a little brighter simply by her being in it.

     
  • At 6:56 pm, Blogger fitknit said…

    I love reading about the coven's birthday. I'm living in the wrong state!

     
  • At 7:21 pm, Blogger Shoshana said…

    Hi Katt, that is like 3 weeks overdue now?

    I hope your neighbor will be alright.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |