Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Friday, 1 September 2006

Feeling Guilty

Maybe I do have the Harlots magic power over the tiny souls of the world (or just in my neighbours house)!!

Next door is STILL pregnant! Its been two weeks since she first went into hospital in labour. I spoke to her yesterday over the fence (before she popped over to see our new heater). She has been 3cm DILATED since then!! OH MY!!! She was told when she went in 2 weeks ago that she would have the baby within the hr..two weeks later (and lots of hospital visits, one case of fainting which got her back to hospital and constant babysitting now cos they are worried she will faint again) the baby is still there. And I haven't finished the second cardigan! Mind you in my defence..i am up to the collar of it! Just have to finish that, sew in the sleeves and go get buttons for BOTH of them and I will be finished! Will be able to do that today.

As for the new heater/hot water/oven....we have two of them...and both are working. BUT...we have an electric cord running through our toilet window to the bathroom power-point so we get hot water!! The electrician is coming next week to hard wire the hot water and heater in (the heater is just plugged into a power-point)..The oven you ask? well..SUPPOSIDLY....next month..I am not holding my breath.

Project spectrum piccies will come soon I promise..Just gotta finish one of the things up (needed to get my father's Father's day pressie finished yesterday to give to him yesterday and get neighbours baby things done).

Okies folks. Back to the baby cardie. Catch ya later. Have a great weekend if you don't hear from me before then!

Katt

edited to say I have finished the Cardigans. Buttons and all. Neighbour has picked the one she wants. Paid me for it. So she can go anytime she wants! lol I am hoping soon for her sakes (Leeanne..She isnt overdue. She is due in 2weeks hence why they wont induced her for less then $600!!)...

Also on the electrical cord note. the join is in the house not outside and I am not impressed with it either. its needed though. If there was no power connected to the hotwater cylinder or the heater NEITHER would run..I know!!! And I thought with gas we would be set if the power went off!!!

8 Comments:

  • At 2:03 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh you are a woman with weird and unnatural power!! Just like your house!! What is with a power cord out the window? Well that sounds really safe!! Is that next month as in October???
    Happy buttoning. I find that the hardest part. Last Project Spectrum, I have photos to post today or tomorrow!!

     
  • At 3:43 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    I don't like the sound of the power cord out the window , against all regulations I reckon!!

    Finish those baby things, but if you are anything like me I hate finishing. In fact I have come to the conclusion that I suck at finishing :(

     
  • At 5:06 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Oh your poor neighbour, I was over with mr11 and it totally sucked. People fussing over you, not letting you do things and just feeling BLAH!!!

    I hope you have a safety switch connected to your electrical box. Sounds scary having a cord out the window.

    Check out my blog I got news.

     
  • At 7:02 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    It must be the day for finishing.

    Good work!!!!!!!!!!!

    I have finished another 2 long term UFO's today that only needed sewing up and buttons.

    Having a cord out the window is really worrying.

    Cathy

     
  • At 10:25 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Well, my goodness, it certainly is good news that the baby jumpers are all done. :) Now that poor neighbor can give birth. LOL You are too funny. I agree with everyone - I don't like the sound of that power cord. And I really don't like the landlord for putting you through all of this. Grrr. Be safe!!

     
  • At 7:30 am, Blogger Kylie said…

    Hi Katt,the name of the yarn is Manos del Uruguay the colourway is woodlands it's great for felting. I bought it from Knit Happens i don't know if anyone in australia sell's it. I hope your neighbour is going to be ok.

     
  • At 10:10 am, Blogger Shoshana said…

    Hello Katt...wow, that's overdue. IT would drive me nuts if it takes two weeks after I've been to the hospital to deliver.

    :)

     
  • At 3:04 pm, Blogger fitknit said…

    That's a heap of drama for one blog post!

    Hope things are improving!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |