Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Friday, 8 September 2006

Crap Week

Been a right crap week for us Aussies!

First we lost a great Aussie Icon, A HUGE friend to Animal Rights in Steve Irwin.

And Today we have lost Peter Brock. Another Aussie Icon. One of the biggest names in motor sports for Australia. One of the leading advocates for Road Safety. Sadly in a death in Western Australia in a Targa race.

I am so glad this week is over! Lets hope next week is a LOT better for us Aussies!!! I am just worried with all the motor racing thats on this weekend with a lot of Aussies in it that they are all safe (that ALL racers are safe not just Aussies).

Katt

8 Comments:

  • At 4:37 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Yes!! I heard it on the ABC 10 minutes after it was comfirmed. What a weird week. Did you get to go to Smokey Joe's????? Heard a bike racing man person interviewed on the ABC radio this afternoon!! I don't know who he was but he didn't start racing till he was 40!!!

     
  • At 6:17 pm, Blogger Nathalie said…

    can't believe it! thought of you straight away. crap week.

     
  • At 6:38 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Yeah suck a crappy week. I hope "he who chooses" doesnt do anymore choosing.

    ps. today was crappy here too.

     
  • At 7:41 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    I grew up idolising him, he was my hero. I loved watching him race at Bathurst and he was such a gorgeous man. When I was a teenager you were either a Ford or Holden person and I was Holden because we had 'Brocky' on our team.

    Yeah I am a little sad today.

     
  • At 10:17 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Wow, what a terrible week. How sad. Thank goodness it's Friday, the week is almost over.

     
  • At 10:35 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    What a bugger of a week.

    Steve Irwin and now Brocky.

    I've been a Brocky fan since way back when I was a little tacker.

    A great joy for me was sitting in one of Brocky's old race cars at the Bathurst Car Museum.

    Another great man gone.

    Hopefully Peter is number 3 as in the last few weeks we've lost Don Chipp, Steve Irwin and now Brocky.

    Cathy

     
  • At 5:18 pm, Blogger fitknit said…

    I've never wanted a week to finish so quickly. It is so sad for all.

     
  • At 2:08 pm, Blogger Jan said…

    And another loss the same week. Colin Thiele, children's author from SA. Author of Storm Boy and 80-90 others as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |