Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Wednesday, 2 August 2006

Some piccies for ya.

.




OK so thought I would put some random piccies down for you all to look at.

Piccie ONE...This is my sock stash. I know some of you will look at it and laugh saying "Thats it!?" There is enough wool there to make 23 pairs of socks. And I have two socks currently on needles (so 25 in total). This is why I have a self imposed sock yarn diet! This time last year I probably had only like 8 balls of sock wool. Its exploded over the year.

Piccie TWO and THREE....Last night while getting some groceries the girls decided they wanted to dye their hair. So we grabbed some colour (will wash out in about 12 washes i think it was) and I dyed their hair last night. Top piccie is Rachelle..She went for the purple colour..Piccie below that is Harley who went for the orange (and she would not budge to a different colour she wanted that Orange and NOTHING else)...I can see that colour will probably be one she revists a lot as a teen.


Piccie FOUR....This is my baby boy. Zander (6 1/2). Taken yesterday in the playroom (wool storage room) while I was taking piccies of my sock wool. He liked the sun so laid on the pillow on the futon..Isnt he goreous?

I have seen waaaay too much of my BIL of late! She was here Firday and I have seen her the past THREE mornings cos she has taken Harley to school while Adam has been at work. I am looking forward to her going away to Qld next week! And hope its for at least a week.

House cleaning going slowly. Sick of doing it! Looking forward to it being finished!! Looking forward to being able to relax (as long as we arent booted) and being able to do lots of knitting again!!

Katt

10 Comments:

  • At 11:43 am, Blogger Karen said…

    Oooh, always love pictures of pretty sock yarn. :) The girls hair-color is so cool. Very pretty in a subtle way. Good luck with the cleaning - hang in there, you'll be done soon!!

     
  • At 2:00 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Nice sock wool stash!!!! The BIL is going away??? Happy Holidays for you. Hope the cleaning goes well!!!

     
  • At 3:17 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    I am on a sock yarn diet also, I have not counted, don't want to know!!!

    Brave girls, Janelle has never dyed her hair, yet.

     
  • At 5:31 pm, Anonymous Michelle said…

    wow!!! that is a lot of sock yarns!!!!

     
  • At 6:10 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    Yummy sock yarn.

    Can't wait to get my other ball off you.

    Here kitty, kitty!!!! Roar!!!!

    Cathy

     
  • At 6:17 pm, Blogger Fifi said…

    You have my sympathy on the cleaning thing!

    I feel less guilty about my sock yarn stash now..but what is that rainbowy coloured pair on the right?? I want some of that!

     
  • At 11:08 pm, Blogger Ragan said…

    Nice yarn!!!!!
    And...I am with you on the cleaning thing. Bleck. It is too hot.

     
  • At 10:25 am, Blogger Annie said…

    There is some nice looking colours in your sock yarn.

     
  • At 3:38 pm, Blogger Serendipity said…

    Hi Katt...I am finally knitting with cotton. It's a bit more unyielding that acrylic yarn.

    In case you don't see my reply on my blog (and what happened to your tagboard?)

    ***
    LOL. I do read Matthew Reilly. I hope he didn't kill Shane Schofield? He's my favorite so far. Didn't he star in 3-4 books already?

    Ice Station, Temple, Area 7.

    I think I have read 3 of his: Crash course, Scarecrow (which is probably about Shane, isn't that his nickname?), and 7 Deadly Wonders.

     
  • At 12:25 am, Blogger trek said…

    Nice sock yarn stash.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |